Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2011

Reality Sandwich ... Take a Bite ... and Chew it Over

Reality Sandwich: "A web magazine divided into sections with titles like PSYCHE, ECO, LIFE, TECH, and COMMONS. 
It has been described by one of its editors like so: It brings together Burning Man, the radical edge of the environmental movement, the techno-utopians, the new commons movement, and the avant pop arts... in a single, colorful, unpredictable, and of course political package."
Daniel Pinchbeck
"If the website sounds to you like the kind of New-New Age enterprise that Daniel Pinchbeck (described by James Parker as "a thirtysomething former journalist who has transformed himself -- with the help of mind-ripping pharmaceuticals and organic hallucinogens like iboga and ayahuasca -- into a multi-disciplinary critic of the "design problems" in Western civilization) might be into, pat yourself on the back! 
Pinchbeck is the editorial director of Reality Sandwich."
 Agreed upon and quoted from ;
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/brainiac/2007/05/robots_monsters.html
And a book I can't recommend highly (no pun intended) enough is Daniel Pinchbeck's Breaking Open The Head.
A book I really enjoyed reading, although I don't endorse psychedelic drugs to reader's of this blog, but I do endorse Inner space exploration ... it's not for everyone, that's for sure.
But it is definitely worth reading about. 
The Reality Sandwich website is a great site to place in your Favorites folder, in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I love Reality Sandwich, and Pinchback...keep it on my sidebar to share. I once read an article on the site that almost...just almost made me want to try the ayahuasca...but just the thought of the puking parts as a result and process of taking it made me feel sick and I chickened out. These things need to be explored though..think it might be the only real portal to all the parts of the brain/mind/soul whatever you want to call it. I thought I did enough of this as a younger person...but it seems to keep coming up again...hmmm...enjoyed this post. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely,Karena.
    I think this is very important work that Daniel is doing,but I, like you, hate puking.I won't even drink to the point of puking,I fear it so much.I always remember how Peter McWilliams (author of "Do It") died choking on his own vomit from chemo drugs (because the fascist authorities wouldn't let him smoke weed to relieve his symptoms)and that's how I feel when I puke...like I'm always going to choke.
    Speaking of "Choke",great book and movie by Chuck Palahniuk.-)

    ReplyDelete