Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 19, 2011

The Road to Success

The book and two movies
Graeme was responsible for
 I purchased Graeme Rattigan's book The Road to Success a few months ago, when I saw a review in an Australian  magazine that I subscribe to called Conscious Living. 
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much with such an unoriginal title. 
But I was pleasantly surprised with what I read.
It tells of the methods he used to raise the money for the two movies Graeme helped to produce, Paradise Road and  
Under the Lighthouse Dancing.
I had never seen them before, although I had heard of   
Paradise Road, but not Under the Lighthouse Dancing.
His method is pretty much a meditation on the 23rd psalm, which I thought was unusual for a book like this, but it does seem to work.
I am not the Bible reading type
(although I did read it once from cover to cover).
But the 23rd psalm has always calmed me, especially when it is sung. 
To me it is like a Keep Calm and Carry On type mantra. 
Where you are brought fully into the moment and told don't think about the past or future, just be in the present.
Paradise Road was based on a real story about World War 2 prisoners caught by the Japanese after a sinking of a boat, and the women who try to keep their spirits up by organizing a choir in the camp. 
I bought the DVD after reading the success book, and I'm glad that I did.
It is a movie well worth watching, and it was Cate Blanchett's first feature film.
Under the Lighthouse Dancing was a movie he says, that was based on a true story involving him and some friends, that set off one weekend for a surprise wedding (for the guests, that is) between to long-term friends, one of which is dying of cancer.
It is a very surprisingly good spiritual little movie. 
 If you find the 23rd psalm comforting, like I do, or if you just want to read it to read how these movies came into being, then you can buy it on e-book by following this link;
http://shortstoppress.com/self-help/the-road-to-success
 I found it quite interesting, but I can see how it won't be everybody's cup of tea.
But do yourself a favour and rent out the two movies, because they are worth viewing. 
You can also read a magazine review here;
The Road to Success
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.

Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment