Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 24, 2012

Synchonistic Spiritual Gumbo

I like how in Dr.Kurby Surprise's book Synchronicity he has a chapter called Mystical Mumbo Gumbo.
You can read the whole chapter here,
Synchronicity: Mystical Mumbo Gumbo 
 at New Page Books.
Notice the mention of the Holy Trinity in the first Gumbo cooking clip?
"Please allow me to present you with a good meal. 
Gumbo is a traditional Cajun dish. 
It has no definite recipe. 
Each cook boils the best of his ingredients, shrimp, fish, okra, chopped vegetables, even sausages and shellfish, all in a broth of seasonings that often remain the savory secret of the chef. 
Gumbo emerged from Louisiana, where a crossing of French, Native American, African, and Caribbean cultures all brought together their own spices and ingredients to the cauldron. There is no scientific formula for gumbo, and no global rules about what it must include. Generally, it is a savory, satisfying celebration of creativity. 
It tastes good. 
Rather than being created from a standard recipe, gumbo emerges from the relationship the chef has to his culture and ingredients. 
To taste a good gumbo is to enter into a relationship with the creator, not to merely consume a product. 
There are many delightful ways to serve it."
My spiritual Gumbo stuff that I bought
at the
Woodford Folkfest last year
I guess that's how I would describe my own spirituality, as my own Gumbo recipe
I wouldn't label myself a Christian, but I'm drawn to Catholic ritual, churches and iconography of that particular religion, but repelled by the dogma.
I did a post on my blue cross syncs here,
The Grey/The Grays and the Triad

Our Lady of Victories

Gabriel's Horn

The Liberal Catholic Church

Mysteries of the Heart

Whoops!
How did that picture get in there?
I'm not a Buddhist, but I'm drawn to the tranquility and contemplation of that religion and the beautiful temples.

Chung Tian Temple

Chung Tian Temple, Brisbane, Australia.
The Crystal Castle
 I'm not a Hindu but am drawn to the wonderful deities and stories surrounding that religion.
 Not into Zen but love the wonderfully spiritual gardens and philosophy of that religion.  
http://www.usq.edu.au/facilities/gardens
Japanese Garden, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
I'm not Aboriginal, but love their spirituality, philosophy and connectedness to the earth.
Gratitude Rocks
 The card inside the plastic packet the rock comes in says;
Gratitude provides gifts to both the giver and receiver.  
You may be grateful for anything:  your job, your family, your health, your friends, the good weather, or the world around you.  
This process of feeling gratitude is very simple.  
Keep you gratitude flowing and be open to receive.  
The universe will help you with the rest.  
After all, the secret to happiness is gratitude.
"Gratitude" Rocks!
And I can also be intrigued and look for the nuggets of truth in the odd myth, or two ... not to mention the humour as well.
First, I’d like to state my humble thanks to our lord, the all mighty creator of the universe, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or FSM as we affectionately worship him. 
His power and wisdom are beyond all human understanding. 
Did I mention I represent him? 
Global warming is caused by the FSM. 
He is upset with humanity for its iniquities and immorality. 
Global warming is the result of not following the word of the FSM. 
You see it is all very simple. 
FSM is fond of pirates. 
If you look at a chart of global warming trends, you can clearly see that over the last century the pirate population is clearly in decline. 
Fewer pirates, more global warming. 
The FSM is obviously angry with humanity for its persecution of pirates. 
That’s why we Pastafarians dress as pirates. 
We are performing a divine service to humanity by increasing the number of pirates and spreading the word of the FSM. 
We are FSMs chosen people; we need donations to spread the word, hand over yer booty, arrrr.
Not for people with weak stomachs;-)
I can even see where the atheists are coming from, but sorry, their religion and beliefs are just a little too crazy for me;- )
And Dr. Kirby makes a good point in his book -
"This is the true existential dilemma; to tolerate the ambiguous nature of existence, to remain flexible, to keep moving, to never truly be sure, to find wonder and joy in existence." 
Balance in life and thought is the key.
Oh ... and by the way, 
I celebrated my 48th birthday at a Fasta Pasta restaurant last night.
http://www.fastapasta.com.au/menu/
 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what you've done to your blog but I can't subscribe to posts any more.

    Is your housemate an atheist? Long-ish hair declairs homage to monkey "ancestors"

    I don't know why, but it had me laughing. I think my wife might be an atheist! Come to think of it, my kids are looking a little that way too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re:
    "I don't know what you've done to your blog but I can't subscribe to posts any more."

    The only change I made was to let open IDers post comments.
    I'll have to take a look under the hood and see if I can fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KU
    From
    "Known Issues for Blogger" page-
    "Pages linking to an external web address are currently not working. We'll update this post when we have more information".

    http://knownissues.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE!? Love the rhythm of the maze.

    ReplyDelete