Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 17, 2012

Storm Season Starts in Brisbane

 A jet hit by lightning at Brisbane airport today.
A severe storm hit Brisbane today leaving a path of destruction through my city.
"Fierce Storms Lash Southern Queensland."
"Severe Storms Hit South-east Queensland." 
My son and his girlfriend fly out of Brisbane on Tuesday with  
Air New Zealand and the renovations on my house are just about complete, so I'm hoping this isn't some kind of bad omen.
In northern New South Wales the extreme weather destroyed at least one house and severely damaged a dozen others.
Trail of Destruction
I have tickets to A Day On The Green tomorrow too, with more storms forecast as well.
Looks like that money is going to go down the drain, one way or another;-)  

Update: Nov 18, 2012.
More photos of the storms that ruined my weekend.
I didn't bother going to A Day On The Green in case my car got smashed by hail, or I got struck by lightning.
So there's a $100 ticket that turned into a useless bit of paper in my wallet.
Brisbane Airport
Portside, Hamilton, Brisbane.
That last photo where the lightning appears to be hitting is pretty close to where my son found the owl trinket in this post I wrote a few weeks ago -
Flow Like Poe?
Looking in hindsight at the photo above, I noticed the tin the owl trinket was found in was a painted over eclipse tin. 
Which kind of ties into another recent post of mine,
Eclipse Sync
Eclipse over Cairns, Queensland, Australia 13th Nov, 2012.

4 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

All of this looks very familiar! Stay safe, daz.

King Uke said...

Wow! That looks pretty gnarly. Well, at least your son will be seeing some sunshine ;-) Stay safe!

Mike Perry said...

Frightening. I've been grumbling about the continuous rain throughout our supposed summer in Cornwall but that's nothing compared to your Storm Season.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

@King Uke
RE:
" Well, at least your son will be seeing some sunshine "

Maybe once he reaches the
Cook Islands ?-)