Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 24, 2012

Subliminal Sex Messages?

My old t-shirt design ...
which was a bit of a sleeper sale wise, back then.
Years ago, when I was reading Richard Branson's autobiography 
Losing My Virginity
I came across a picture in the book where Dick's Virgin Balloon had crashed into the ocean 
and I had kept thinking, as I was reading this book  
(before I had got to the balloon photo above)  
why did they draw the g in the Virgin logo with a straight tail and made it look like an X with the underline running through it?
Having read nearly all of Wilson Bryan Key's books about subliminal advertising and seeing the Virgin Balloon in the water, it didn't take me long to figure out why the Virgin logo it was drawn the way it was. 
The older logos even had a hook on the V, which made it look more like an S from certain angles.
When I had discovered this Sex embed in the Virgin logo 
 (sex in bed?-) I Googled around madly trying to find others that had noticed it too ...
but not one other person had spotted this, so I took the logo to my paint program and whited out the logo to show off the Sex embed, and then went on a rant about it trying to get it to go viral on the net, and expose Dick (Branson) and his evil scheme;-)
Only one guy at the time picked it up and ran with it.
That's the guy that made the You Tube at the top of this post.
At the time I saw it, it had about 425 hits and I thought this clip will probably be flat out getting 1000 views the way it was going.
But today I see that clip is sitting on 452449 hits and there are other clips of it uploaded with similar hit rates.
Kinda makes me feel proud that my baby has grown and is no longer a Virgin anymore;-)
Maybe that was my eureka moment in life?
Well, we can't all find the cure for cancer I guess, so exposing sex with virgins in the corporate world of advertising will just have to be my claim to fame...
for now, anyway.
The Virgin logo is featured from the 1:15 mark in the You Tube at the top of the post.

UPDATE: That video seems to have gone like so many others on You Tube, but here is an example from a blogger I may have floated the idea to back in the day.
.

4 comments:

  1. Eureka, you've discovered Virgin sex.

    I've read a couple of books on Branson and remember that they called it Virgin because 'they were novices at business' but later laughed that it was really because virgins were the one thing in short supply at their offices.

    As for subliminal messages everywhere I don't see them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating. And quite a synchronicity, considering Mike's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was quite a synchronicity when I had just posted this story and Mike had the Helicopter with the Virgin logo in his new post -

    http://www.67notout.com/2012/11/helicopter-landed-in-her-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this count? A shot of some of my DVDs... https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WWBkkpNhVaw/UOrGMrhQL9I/AAAAAAAASgw/vBZoaI9QUyA/s580/semi-pro.jpg

    ReplyDelete