Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 4, 2012

The Caterpillar Effect

The next post I was planning was on moths and butterflies, so I guess this one should come first.
The Tree of City Life???
While researching my future post on moths and butterflies I came across a video called The Caterpillar Effect.
It's for a charity called Tearfund, who I know nothing at all about, so can't endorse them.
But I do like the message in the clip and it reminded me of an old post I wrote where I got the perfect green light run to work.
Something that never happened again, I might add.
11:11
 It also reminded me of the little painting that I bought off David Llyod that sits on my bookcase shelf, and of the painting of the hiker heading for the mountain, that I'm still to hang on my wall.
David Lloyd, an Artist I Came Across on the Synchronistic Path
I like the idea of The Caterpillar Effect, but there seems to be a lot of differing meanings floating about for it.
For instance -
"The phenomenon experienced on the road when someone decides to slow down their car to look at something of interest on the side of the road. 
This causes that area of the road to slow down for the following hours. 
This leads to cars,  collectively,  mimicking a caterpillar walking.
 Lucky Mr. Andrews didn't use Kennedy or Lincoln as examples in the above You Tube;-)
 And don't forget that caterpillars grow into butterflies and moths.
 Next to these two effects, I guess something called "The Moth Effect "would seem rather lame, or perhaps even scary in most people's minds;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment