Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 12, 2013

Opportunity?

I had just finished reading Scott Alexander-King's book  
Earth Mother Dreaming the other day and thought to myself that I really haven't had any usual animal sightings lately, like a sign appearing for me in some way.
Then I go outside to throw some rubbish in the wheelie bin and look up to my right and there is a possum sitting right next to my head in a tree in broad daylight.
According to Scott's other book a Possum means opportunity.
Possum - Opportunity  
"Possum urges us to see our life as a foundation on which great things can be initiated.  
He encourages us to seek out new experiences and attempt new things.  
Although Possum is ideally suited to living in the hollows of trees, the idea of squatting in the roofs of human dwellings poses no dilemma for him at all .
 If Possum has ambled into your cards today, you are being asked to remember who you are and what agreements you made with yourself before commencing your Earth Walk.  
What did you want to achieve?  
Where did you see yourself ultimately?"
" Pay close attention to the opportunities afforded you at this time, for new ways to develop your abilities and to enhance your growth are on offer right now.  
Identify and discard all feelings of self-doubt – 
they simply keep you from furthering your skills and employing your talents to the best of your ability.
 Possum’s appearance heralds the chance to better yourself and to take your knowledge deeper.  Opportunity knocks for those alert to its presence.  
So long as you are willing to work hard and apply yourself, it is acceptable to gently ride on the back of any opportunity that is presented to you.  
The wealth locked within the authentic self is filled with great possibility and all it takes is the courage to access it and birth it into the light of day."
 That part of my property seems to be the place for weird animal signs for some reason.
The Bird that Flew into the Window

Update: 13th September, 2013
Years ago, on a bush-walk me and a group of friends came across a snake that had already strangled one of these creatures and we watched in amazement over the course of about an hour as the snake slowly swallowed the possum.

2 comments:

  1. Love the definition for possum. This guy is huge! Possums in Florida are about half the size. I'd say this bodes well for you, Daz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Trish
    That possum is only about half the size of a normal possum,so it is probably a young possum.
    I was reading that your possums and ours only share the name possum but are not the same creatures.The early settlers misnamed our possums thinking they where the same as the possum you guys have.
    I once witnessed a carpet snake swallow one of these much bigger guys once when I came across the scene on a bush walk.The possum had already been strangled when I got there,so we just stood there for an hour while the snake slowly swallowed the poor possum.I have pictures of it too somewhere.I'll have to upload them on to the end of this story when I find them.

    ReplyDelete