Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 22, 2013

Religion Vs Spirituality

I love the spiritual side of the world religions, but am repelled by the dogmatism of many.
There is something powerful and serene sitting in an empty church, temple, or place of religious ceremony and contemplating life, but there is also something repelling listening to a 
"know it all", by the book preacher, guru, or teacher hammering out words of division and "either, or" ultimatums to the congregation.
Give me the spirituality, and keep your dogma.
I'll let my heart decide what sounds right to me, after all 
The Creator did give it to me for a purpose, along with a brain, so I think I'll use them to help me decide what feels right and what feels wrong.
The weapons of FEAR.
Think for yourself, or you will
be a slave.
Think for yourself.
That's why God gave you a
brain and a heart
Think for yourself
And if it's one thing I can't stand it is dogmatic atheists who think they know it all while they walk around with their eyes wide shut preaching without seeing the miracles that surround them.
Talk about the opposite end of the spectrum.

3 comments:

  1. Great quotes here! And amen, bro, and pass whatever you've got on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To think for ourselves is one of the biggest lessons in life. The difficulty can be distinguishing where some of our thoughts and beliefs originate - are they really our own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to think about that one Mike.-)

    ReplyDelete