Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 30, 2014

Lord of the Missing Ring?


Pure Evil's artwork of a thug stealing
an
Olympic ring from 2012
Same missing ring in the
Russian Winter Olympics 2014
.
Wow! 
How did I miss this one?
I was reading some old posts I wrote about artists that I came across by reading the book 
Hell Bound and I was reading the post I wrote on an artist named Pure Evilwho claims he is influenced in his work by the spirit of a rabbit that he shot and killed when he was a young boy -
The Artistic Work of 'Pure Evil'
Now, I wrote this post after the London Olympics, but before the Russian Winter Olympics, and since nothing much happened when the London Olympics came and went, I didn't expect much to happen either when the Russian games would arrive, but I jokingly made reference to the Russian games when I saw the hooded figure stealing the red ring as they are the Russian colours.
Anti-Olympic street art appears in Haggerston and Shoreditch
The funny thing was though that this was the ring that would go missing in the opening and closing ceremonies of the Russian games, but it has taken me until now to connect the two.
Games Wide Shut? The Disappearing Magic Circle?
All the shit hit the fan in the Ukraine soon after the games closed.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. You've stumbled across another one! You're a magnet for this stuff, Daz.

    ReplyDelete