Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 18, 2015

A 237 Moment?

The other day (this post has been on the back-burner for a few weeks) in my Facebook feed I saw the above message posted from Ashley Campbell's Facebook page.
I thought the clip was worth giving a "like" to, but just as I was about to, I saw that there was 237 likes already, so I took a screengrab (that's it above) before giving it a "like".
237 is a key number for a sync-head like me, which of course stems from the room number in Stanley Kubrick's movie version of Stephen King's book The Shining.
In the book though the room number is 217, not 237.
Then I see this website - 
Glen Campbell Autographed Rhinestone Cowboy Record Album LP.
 and read this -
"A Certificate Of Authenticity will be included from Autograph Pros, UACC Registered Dealer #237 which is accompanied by a lifetime guarantee of authenticity." 
Then I found this version of The Mad Lads singing a song Glen made famous which had 237 views at the time.

The Mad Lads ~ " 

By The Time I Get To Phoenix "

Weird or what?
I also found it rather synchy that Julianne Moore would win a "Best Actress" Oscar for her performance of an Alzheimer's sufferer, while Glen's family were in attendance that night to see his song 'I'll Be Me' nominated for an Oscar.
Julianne Moore
Ashley Campbell at the 2015 Oscars
I saw Still Alice and noticed that the film ends with family members walking away into the snow.
And The Shining is a film about a family being torn apart as the father of the family slowly loses his mind, with the final shot also set in the snow.
"And nice guys get washed away
Like the snow and the rain ... Getting cards and letters from people I don't even know ... 
And a smile can hide all the pain
But you're down when you're ridin' the train that's takin' the long way..."

UPDATE: October 5th, 2016
The ultimate irony with this post was my own father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's well after Glen was and passed away on the 13th of last month from pneumonia, which he contracted in the nursing home that was taking care of him. 
He was complaining to me that he was coughing up ice and that ice (snow?) was stuck in his nose and that the night before he had to pour hot water on his head to melt it.
His woolen hat was all wet, so he probably did pour water on his head the night before...whether it was hot water though I would doubt it.
I remember looking into his eyes that day and thinking it would be a blessing if he would pass away in his sleep peacefully that night than to keep living in this mental hell that he hated so much.
And at 3am that morning my sister got a call from the nursing home to say that he had passed away in his sleep.
It was sad when he passed, but it was merciful that he passed after watching him slide so painfully downhill over the past year.
I was also glad that the suffering for him was finally over.
It is a truly terrible disease for everyone involved in dad's suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment