Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 7, 2015

Who'd Have Imagined Dragons Being on Top of the World Down-under?-)

Imagine Dragons singing a Midnight Oil' s
 cover,
"Beds Are Burning".
 I caught Imagine Dragons at Brisbane's Riverstage last Saturday night and it was even better than I imagined it would be;-)
Saturday night at Riverstage,
Brisbane
by Imagine Dragons
The lead singer of Imagine Dragons,
  
Dan Reynolds
with his fist in the air.
These guys have become one of my favourite bands over the last year and I've been dying to see them play a concert in Australia, but I could never have imagined that they would one day play Riverstage, of all places in Brisbane for a band like this to play.
This was only the second time that I've been to see a concert at Riverstage.
The other time I was here to see a bunch of my favourite bands play was a couple of years ago, in fact it was in "The Year of the Dragon" coincidentally enough.
And I was born in "The Year of the Dragon"also.
Lenny Kravitz and the Year of the Dragon
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 in Brisbane in the red ring
Now, oddly enough the lead singer, Dan Reynolds is/was(?) a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and in the background of this photo (ringed) is the main church of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Brisbane.
Physical Address
200 River Terrace Kangaroo Point, Queensland, Australia
Daniel Coulter "Dan" Reynolds (born July 14, 1987) is an American musician, best known as the frontman of the Las Vegas-based rock band Imagine Dragons
He has also released an EP titled Egyptian - EP as a duo with  
Aja Volkman (of Nico Vega) under the moniker  
Egyptian.
Reynolds, seventh of nine children, was born on July 14, 1987 in Las Vegas, the son of Christene M. (born Callister) and Ronald Reynolds, a lawyer and author. 
Both are natives of Nevada, and Dan is a 4th generation Nevadan. 
He earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2005. 
Reynolds is a member of  
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
When he was 19 years old, he volunteered full-time as a missionary in Nebraska for two years.
He wrote the song "I Bet My Life" celebrating and reflecting on his enduring relationship with his parents.
I'm not a member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and know very little about it, but as I often say, whatever floats your boat.

The Cosmic Egg 

and the Dragon?

The funny thing is that I bought the Imagine Dragons album Night Visions a few years ago and it is the only CD that will play reliably on my faulty car CD player, so I'm often forced to listen to it when I go on long drives to Byron Bay and such, so the album has become part of the soundtrack in my life of many a happy drive.
I got into Imagine Dragons when I saw their "I'm on Top of the World" video.
When I asked Rodney Ascher whether he was familiar with the band Imagine Dragons he replied that he wasn't but that he knew the actor in the clip who plays Stanley Kubrick.
This is a great nod to Room 237 and Kubrick films.
 
 
I love Rodney Ascher's projects when it comes to his films, so much so that I threw in a couple of bucks to get a credit on his current project -
Terror of Frankenstein; Director's Commentary (Trailer)
Director's Commentary: Terror of Frankenstein
And it's the same when it comes to Imagine Dragons, just when I think they couldn't surprise me anymore, they come out singing a Midnight Oil cover of Beds are Burning during the concert ... apparently only the third time they have played it in concert.
I don't have a clip of their Brisbane performance of Beds are Burning, which was much better in my opinion than the performance below in this You Tube of the Melbourne concert, which was their first live go at it.
Imagine Dragons singing Forever Young on the Riverstage, Brisbane
And I have to say that I found it amusing when Imagine Dragons performed a cover of the song Forever Young and ... I'm showing my age here ... instead of cigarette lighters being waved in the air, it was mobile phones with a light on.
 Which kind of reminded me of Joe Alexander's latest sync video where he talks about touching the screen (of your cell phone) at about the nine-minute mark onward.
All of those cell phones waving in the air where once there would be lighters
Anyway, apart from all of the modern technology waving around in the air, I really enjoyed the night and look forward to the next visit of Imagine Dragons to my shore ... or should that be their (indigenous people of Australia) shore?-)

2 comments:

  1. Testing this. I got the same message, Daz. A box that says MOVED HERE temporarily, I click, and finally the comment box comes up. I'm blaming Kubrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird, but at least I received the comment Trish.

    ReplyDelete