Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2015

The 197[4/20]15 Coincidence?

I saw that British director John Guillermin, whose films included The Towering Inferno and King Kong (1976 Twin Tower version) has passed away last week, aged 89.
The Towering Inferno was released in 1974, the same year high-wire artist Philippe Petit recruits a team of people to help him realize his dream: to walk the immense void between the World Trade Center.
A movie by  called The Walk has just been released in The States, about the walk between the towers, which was performed by Philippe Petit back in 1974.
Some interesting coincidences here linking 1974 to 2015.
releases a film about Philippe Petit's walk between the Twin Towers in 1974 within a week of the director of the 1974 released The Towering Inferno passing into the void.
A director who also followed his burning building film with another movie version of King Kong climbing the WTC in 1976
 Joe Alexander pointed out the strange coincidences in the Back to the Future films and 2015 movie The Walk in this little You Tube below, which I helped on with some research.
But this Towering Inferno coincidence from 1974with John Guillermin's death in 2015steps it up to a whole new WTF level.

420 KONG

Not only that, but I already pointed out my synch-head friend's video (click on the link below to see it) starring Andy Serkis,
420 KONG
 in my previous post on Star Wars -
Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Jake makes the connection between actors linked to King Kong films and their being born on April 20, or 4/20 as Americans write the date.
Hitler was born on 4/20 also ... I thought I would just throw that in for an extra gasp.  
John Guillermin was born on 11/11, which I find a little spooky on a sync level, as 11:11 is a famous time prompt, or wake up call, in new age circles.
One I would often see myself a few years back on a regular basis.
The 11th of November is also known as Remembrance Day in Australia (where I live). 
 It was also the day I got engaged to be married in 1987, a day I would rather forget.
I guess that we are not in Kansas anymore?-)
https://www.etsy.com/market/wizard_of_oz
Lest we forget?

2 comments:

  1. Don't laugh but I just saw a snippet of a movie where Ted Bundy mistakenly used going to the cinema to watch The Towering Inferno as his alibi when first arrested! Naturally thought of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I hadn't heard of that Ted Bundy alibi before, not that I've heard all that much about Ted Bundy anyway, except that he killed about 300 people, or something like that, the sick bastard.

    ReplyDelete