Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 25, 2015

In (Saint) Bob We Trust

I finally watched the movie In Bob We Trust after just having finished reading the book Father Bob, which I wrote about last month in this post linked below -
Saint Bob
Costas Vasiliou in a scene
from
In Bob We Trust

In that post I wrote how coincidental it was that Costas Vasiliou died suddenly on November 19th, 2011 (drug overdose I think was mentioned), which just happened to be my 23rd wedding anniversary, as well.
My wedding ring with the date of the wedding day inscribed inside - 19/11/88 (it's now in the Pacific Ocean)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: November, 2017
Remember, Remember the 19th of November ... Some Dates Are Made Not to Be Forgot?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But what I found even more "coincidental" in the movie was how Father Bob said how Costas would bring home strange nick-knacks and keep-sakes off the streets which he would find that meant something to him.
The kingfisher Costas found
dead on the street
One such keep-sake was a dead kingfisher bird that Costas found on the street and wanted to keep and Father Bob said they decided to keep it in the freezer and it has surprisingly lasted 15-20 years in there without rotting (see photo above)
The Sacred Kingfisher
that hit my window
The funny thing here to me that it was a Sacred Kingfisher hitting my window that started me off blogging and has kept me ranting like a madman here ever since;-)
The Bird that Flew into the Window
The underside of the moth Costas found
Father Bob even shows the underside of what at first appeared to be a plain looking moth that Costas brought home, until seen from below all the magnificent colours it has hidden under wing.
Which reminded me of an old post I wrote about moths and butterflies a while back,
Moth Verses Butterfly Symbolism
The sad clown in a matchbox that
 Costas
had among his 
possessions?
Costas even had a sad clown among his collection that he related to which reminded me of my recent synchronicities that I have written about on this blog involving the sad clown creation of Emmett Kelly.
Green Volkswagen on the Synchronicity Roundabout
 I couldn't help thinking while watching Father Bob bringing out Costas' little treasures that also resonated with my own life, just how rough life seems on the surface, but how a common spiritual undercurrent seems to be flowing mostly unseen underneath our conscious lives uniting us all on some metaphysical level.
And just after watching the movie In Bob We Trust I was wondering if the radio show he and John Safran have been doing for years was still on JJJ radio and came across this article below saying the last show would air on December 13th this year. 
I also see nothing much else has changed in the news since the movie was made regarding the George Pell saga.
Priest John Walshe who defended George Pell accused of sexually abusing John Roach
While I find comfort in a lot of the spiritual practices of The Church (not being a Roman Catholic myself) barring all of the going to hell crap, I do cringe at the dogma and politics that goes on by the men on the chessboard of The Empire and how they can just turn a blind eye to the problems staring them right in the face.
In the land of the blind
 the one-eyed man is king?-)
A scene (seen?-) from Eyes Wide Shut
 But don't get me started in that direction on this post, or we'll just end up going round in circles;-)
I have to say though that this movie makes great Christmas viewing as Father Bob and his work in the Church is what the spirit of Christmas is all about.
I think I will be giving this DVD a spin every year at this time, just as a reminder of what being a true Christian is all about.
And what's with the 42 units of the South Port Public Housing Project
A nod to Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy and the meaning of life, the universe and everything?-)

UPDATE: 26th December, 2015
Adam Douglas Driver
Here is another synchronicity regarding the date of the 
19th of November.
We were discussing the age of Adam Douglas Driver 
(ADD?-) (Douglas Adams?-) in a Facebook group and when I looked up his birthdate at IMDB I found out he was born on the day of my wedding anniversary (November 19, 1983) also.
I loved Adam in the movie 'Tracks'.
Black Sea of Oz?
May the Force be with
 you
Father Bob:-)
I thought it was amusing that Adam Driver plays the baddie with the Satanic looking sword in the new Star Wars movie and Father Bob seems to be wearing that sword on his vest on the DVD cover of  In Bob We Trust:-)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
And on the subject of Rome and St. Peters, I also found a bottle of St.Peter's Ruby Red Ale at my local bottle shop and it's not a bad drop either ... which is strange;-)
Ruby Red slippers?
All roads lead to Rome?-)

UPDATE: April 20th, 2023
Kind of eerie that Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinal Pell and Father Bob died months apart from one another, I just realized as I re-read the above post;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment