Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 17, 2016

Orbs, Plasmas and Dreamtime?

On my recent road-trip to Canberra and Mount Kosciuszko, the highest point in Australia and one of the seven summits of the world, I picked up a leaflet at my motel in Port Macquarie to use as my bookmark as I read Whitley Strieber and Jeff Kripal's book 'The Super Natural'.

Seven Summits

"The highest mountain in the Australian mainland is Mount Kosciuszko, 2,228 metres (7,310 ft) above sea level
However, the highest mountain in the Australian continent which includes Australia and New Guinea is Puncak Jaya, 4,884 m (16,024 ft) above sea level, in the Indonesian province of Papua on the island of New Guinea which lies on the Australian continental shelf
Puncak Jaya is also known as Carstensz Pyramid
Mount Kosciuszko is very easy to climb, while Puncak Jaya is difficult."
This was more, or less, an accident on my part picking up the leaflet, but on a subconscious level that painting at the top of this post which was on the leaflet resonated with me on a spiritual level for some reason.
Parliament House, Canberra, ACT, Australia
I've always been attracted to indigenous artwork on some spiritual level, especially dot paintings, as to me I see a single dot as a representation of an orb/soul vehicle, whether that's what they are meant to be a representation of, or not, in indigenous culture I don't know, but that's how I see them when I look at them.

Having had an OBE once at the age of eleven I've always thought that if I could have seen my consciousness "up there" above my physical body I would have seen a small almost invisible orb floating above me.
I've always felt the idea of "The Dreaming", or "Dreamtime" of the indigenous culture is a very worthwhile concept to explore, but I have never liked the word "Dreamtime", or even "The Dreaming", because in this state of "being an orb" that dimension is more "real" than this world seems and if anyone is dreaming here, it's on this side of the veil. 
Looking up some definitions of the word "Dreamtime" on indigenous sites on the net it seems they agree with me that the word "Dreamtime" is inadequate in describing this dimension also.
English cannot express the ‘Dreaming
Dreamtime’ or ‘Dreaming’ has never been a direct translation of an Aboriginal word. The English language does not know an equivalent to express the complex Aboriginal spiritual concepts to white people.
Aboriginal languages contain a lot of words for spirituality and beliefs, such as
tjurkurrpa, jukurrpa, tjurgurba (Pitjantjatjara people, north-western South Australia),
altjeringa, alcheringa, alchera, aldjerinya (Arrernte people, central Australia),
palaneri,
bugaregara,
ngarangani,
ungud (Ngarinyin people, north-Western Australia),
wongar (north eastern Arnhem Land),
bugari (Broome, north-Western Australia).
There is no spelling orthodoxy because native speakers did not write down Aboriginal languages.

In fact, it is near impossible to describe this dimension I feel and probably the best mix of words I've read to describe the idea of "Dreamtime" would be "Everywhere/when", but even that is not quite right.
"Aboriginal spirituality does not consider the ‘Dreamtime’ as a time past, in fact not as a time at all.
Time refers to past, present and future but the ‘
Dreamtime’ is none of these.
The ‘
Dreamtime’ “is there with them, it is not a long way away.
The Dreamtime
is the environment that the Aboriginal lived in, and it still exists today, all around us”.
It is important to note that the
Dreaming always also comprises the significance of place.
Hence, if we try to use an English word, we should avoid the term
‘Dreamtime’ and use the word ‘Dreaming’ instead.
It expresses better the timeless concept of moving from
‘dream’ to reality which in itself is an act of creation and the basis of many Aboriginal creation myths.
None of the hundreds of Aboriginal languages contain a word for time."

I think that there is a lot more to "The Dreamtime" than the "White Fellas" are told about with the simple myths of the creation stories we hear. 
I think it goes a lot deeper than that and if you listen to that indigenous guy in the You Tube above you'll hear him say, "this is one story I CAN tell you".
Which is a bit like a Freemason saying that he can't go into the real secrets, but here is one that I can tell you because it's a pretty basic one.
DNA spiral?
Rainbow Serpent?
The indigenous Australians regard the Rainbow Serpent as the bringer and former of life, which when you take the serpentine DNA like spiral into consideration, is pretty close to the mark of how life on this planet spreads. 
And a serpent does resemble the carrier of the DNA spiral, too, if you get my drift on a Freudian level?
I found that speculative podcast on the You Tube above on the net last night while looking for Rainbow Serpent material and while the guy does rant on a bit, he does make some good points in his ramblings.
My first "orb" appeared after a
spiritual walk along the beach
But it was something Whitley Strieber wrote about in
'The Super Natural' that got me thinking to about my own encounters with orbs I had captured on camera and while not seeing them I felt their presence around me. 
On page 260 Whitley writes, 
"Will we ever manage to face the reality of the soul?
I certainly trust so, because if we don't, I don't think we can evolve.
Right now our intellectuals and scientists are running from their souls, while many other people remain trapped behind the deceptive latticework of religious belief."
Latticework of religious belief?-)
An account is also given where Whitley felt the presence of his dead mother's spirit right in front of him while sitting outside and the great sense of profound peace that came over him and someone happened to take a photo of him and on the photo an "orb" what he described as a candle like flicker appeared in front of him in the photo.
When I read his account I couldn't help thinking of the profound sense of peace I felt and the presence that was around me when I captured my orb, even though I could not physically see it myself, I just felt that I needed to take a picture of the sunset, which I took three of and on each was an image of an orb, the one pictured above being the best of those three. 
Click on image to make bigger
Bob Dylan and Byron Bay
Universal Placebos - Nothing Works Better
The creation process
"The Dreaming also explains the creation process. Ancestor beings rose and roamed the initially barren land, fought and loved, and created the land’s features as we see them today. After creating the ‘sacred world’ the spiritual beings “turned into rocks or trees or a part of the landscape. 
These became sacred places, to be seen only by initiated men.”
The spirits of the ancestor beings are passed on to their descendants, e.g. shark, kangaroo, honey ant, snake and so on and hundreds of others which have become totems within the diverse Indigenous groups across the continent.
Spirits don’t belong to anyone and can be accessed by everyone. 

“No-one owns a spirits,” says Quandamooka woman Evelyn Parkin. 
“You can have what I have got if you’re in touch with the spirit.”.
It is interesting to note that many Aboriginal people also use the term ‘Dreaming’ to refer to their concepts about spirituality. 

This might be because some of them find ceremonies or songs in a state of dreaming, a state between sleeping and waking . 
Strictly speaking, dreaming and mythology can be considered as the same thing: the deep mental archetypes and images of wisdom which we take on to be guided by them when the conscious mind is in a state of quietness.
The fact that the Dreaming is still around Aboriginal people is a fundamental difference to other spiritual beliefs. 

In Christianity, for example, the spiritual world is ‘heaven’, and many Christians believe it is reachable only after death and never while the person is still alive. 
(Those who find heaven inside might disagree, but such a discussion is beyond this article.)"
The photo I took above with my flash on produced a flash orb right where the head is/should be and I thought this was a good representation of an orb/consciousness merging with the physical body.
I other words the conscious part of ourselves represented by the orb is the indestructible part of the human being, whereas the body is just a vehicle for the soul and is self-destructing over its journey through linear time.
Whitley then writes on page 260,  
"I had a brilliant, extraordinary experience with these plasmas, once again glimpsing the second part of Jeff's "Human as Two".
But what did I actually see? 
It would seem, a human being who had become light."
Jeff even goes on to write a whole chapter in reply to Whitley titled "The Soul Is a UFO".
I don't know if I would go that far, but the chapter is well worth a read and I can certainly resonate with a few people's experience in this chapter.
Another popular movie I have always liked was an early Peter Weir film called, 'The Last Wave', not because of the story-line of a tidal wave hitting Sydney, but because of the real life tribal indigenous actors ... I would say shamans ... he used in this film.
Min Min lights
The part of 'The Super Natural' I liked the most were the chapters about plasmas and orbs, because I really think Whitley is on to something there and is something I can relate to.
Talking The Super Natural with Dr Jeffrey Kripal
I just sent away for the new indigenous art themed Brisbane Lions jersey, mainly because I like the orb like pattern on the boomerang.
It's probably meant to be the sun, but to me it's an orb flying through the air like a boomerang.
But it's not just indigenous art that seems to have orb like spiritual images in them either.
St. Thomas Church, Port Macquarie, NSW.
That's probably something for a future post I'll be writing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment