Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 26, 2016

Ryuichi Sakamoto and the Bowie Connection

On my second last post -
The JUNGle Book?
Dennis wrote this as part of his comment -
"God damn I declare you are on a roll of synchro's. 

I too have the big Red Book
The madness of Jung should be worshiped far and wide me thinks. 
A favorite musical person of mine, Ruciuo Sakamoto did the soundtrack for the Revenant movie. 
Keep looking for synchromystic adventures my friend, they will manifest!" 
While I love 'The Revenant' as a movie I had no idea who wrote the music for it, so I had to Google Ruciuo Sakamoto and see what other movies he worked on.
"The Reveant soundtrack was composed by Japanese master and Oscar winner Ryuichi Sakamoto (Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, The Last Emperor), along with fellow Yellow Magic Orchestra member and frequent collaborator Alva Noto."
So, I find out that Ryuichi Sakamoto worked on the soundtrack to Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, the film starring David Bowie.
But that's not all, because 'The Revenant' was released on David Bowie's birthday, January 8th ... and two days later Bowie would pass away ... less than a month after Christmas.
The Secret of 'The Revenant'
That certainly puts a different spin on the Sioux saying when watching Bowie in Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence.
 
UPDATE:

No comments:

Post a Comment