Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 19, 2016

Stop the Clocks? Signs?

This is just a picture of the watch,
not the time it had stopped at
I've heard a lot about clocks stopping when someone dies, usually the clocks stop at the time of the person's death, which gives it that jaw dropping element to the event.
The clocks are working again
in this photo,
not stopped.
This is something I had never experienced before, until last week when my father passed away in his sleep in a nursing home from complications of pneumonia and Alzheimer's.
My most prized watch that I won in a national movie magazine (Filmink magazine) competition which was promoting the Mel Gibson movie 'Signs'stopped the day my father died, but nowhere near the time of his death.
My watch had stopped at ten minutes to six, but I don't know if it was ten minutes to six the morning he passed, or ten minutes to six the night before he passed, as the last time I knew my watch was working was on the Monday I went for a walk with my brother along the banks of the Brisbane River, because my car was parked in a two hour parking zone and I had to keep my eye on my watch to make sure I got back to my car before a parking inspector did.
So, I knew my watch was working Monday afternoon -
Signs From the Spirits?
This river walk was the same walk I had done by myself a week earlier before when I went to see Mel Gibson's new movie 'Blood Father', which I wrote about here -
You Can Never Walk Along the Same River Twice
The walk I did along the river last Monday
  
with my brother
And I ran into the bush turkey again
digging in the dirt this time;-)
But I didn't realize it had stopped until I was visiting my mother the next day after getting the dreaded call at 3.30am that morning.
I only assume it stopped at ten minutes to six that morning, but it could have stopped at ten minutes to six the following evening.
The time of ten minutes to six had no significance to me, but the fact my favourite watch had stopped the day he passed I found spooky
I wanted to wear that watch to his funeral on that Friday, so I took it to the jewelers to get a new battery for it and also decided the band was getting a bit on the tatty side, so asked the jeweler if he had similar wristbands.
There was a black snakeskin looking wristband, and I had visions of how a snake sheds its skin and thought this seemed rather apt, so I had him fit that so I could wear it the next day.
When I got the docket and looked at the job number it was eerily close to being rather meaningful as my father's old cab number was 424 and he was 86 years old when he died, so if that number had of started with a 4 instead of a 5 that would have been spooky and I realized I had paid for the repairs at 4:13pm, which I thought was pretty close to 4:24pm, which was a number that came to mind from an old post I wrote about when buying a watch for work once at this same shopping centre when dad was well and truly alive at the time -
424?
The time 4:13pm didn't mean anything to me apart from how close it was to the time 4:24pm, although he did pass on the 13th, so maybe that is a bit of a sign.
And the last three digits of the jeweller's phone number being 988 was close to 888, but no cigar, 888 reminding me of the number-plate on the peddle car my Nan had bought me and my brothers, which I wrote about in this post -
F8?
My watch stopping the day my father died while freaky was still within the realm of possibility of a coincidence, but what really got my attention was the night before his funeral I had set my alarm clock, so I would get up early and make sure everything was done before heading off to the funeral, but the alarm clock which has been working fine for the past year ran flat and stopped at 11:45pm that night, so I had to change the battery in that clock, as well.
My CD rack with over 200 CDs to play
I've been working my way through playing my CDs from bottom to top of my CD rack and at the moment in order (no order) of how I'd thrown them in when I moved house last year. 
When my clocks stopped it was a CD by the band UFO called  
'The Monkey Puzzle'.
I was thinking about the Oasis CD 'Stop the Clocks' (which was released on November 20th, my mother's birthday) and wondered where that was in my CD rack, but it was on the top shelf, so I'm going to break my rule about only playing these CDs in the order they are in from bottom to top of the rack and play 'Stop the Clocks' later today.
The Oasis CD 'Stop the Clocks'
I did think it was interesting that UFO's 'The Monkey Puzzle' was the next CD in the order it was in the CD rack after my clocks had stopped, as it's a CD I would rarely play if given the choice of other CDs to play.
The Monkey Puzzle (UFO album) 
All songs composed by Vinnie Moore and Phil Mogg except as noted.
1."Hard Being Me" (Pete Way, Moore, Mogg) - 3:35
2."Heavenly Body" - 3:52
3."Some Other Guy" - 4:38
4."Who's Fooling Who?" (Way, Moore, Mogg) - 3:57
5."Black and Blue" (Paul Raymond, Mogg) - 5:29
6."Drink Too Much" - 4:40
7."World Cruise" - 3:29
8."Down by the River" - 3:18
9."Good Bye You" - 4:40
10."Rolling Man" - 4:24
11."Kingston Town" (Raymond, Mogg) - 4:08

Track 8 is the song 'Down by the River'  
It was a blinding light
A sheer tornado of pain
I had a whiskey fury
Pounding like the devils rain

Down by the river
It's alright
I've been turning stones
Down by the river
It's alright
Someone's been catching a rabbit
About midnight

Up on a mountain side
I was touching heaven
I was a servant boy
But I was just a killer

Down by the river
I've been turning stones
Down by the river
It's alright
Someone's been catching a rabbit
About midnight

We don't take no prisoners here
Down by the river

Ain't no mystery here
Mystery in this world of mine
Hold on baby
Hold on to this night 

 And the one after it is a song called, 'Good Bye You' and ironically enough there is a song called 'Drink Too Much' on the same album, something dad would usually tell me each Christmas, a day that I drink beer all day long.
He wasn't a drinker and would lecture me every Christmas about my brain damaging habit.
Watching his mind crumble under the ravages of Alzheimer's disease this past year, I thought what difference would it make to my brain whether I drank, or not, with me having half your genes dad?
No more clock stopping, please.
Cheers ... and see you again soon.
Kangaroo Point, Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I'm not a Mormon, but after my walk along the river Monday and while heading back to my car parked across the road from the church, the gold horn blower caught my eye and I snapped a picture of it, as I realized he was facing the rising sun.
I didn't know it at the time, but my father would not be seeing the rising sun (in a physical body anyway) the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment