Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 19, 2016

Leon Russell (April 2, 1942 – November 13, 2016)

F8?
Fate?
I was sad to see when I read the paper on Thursday that singer Leon Russell had passed away.
I saw Leon play the Byron Bay Bluesfest in 2011 quite by accident, as I didn't know who Leon was back then, I was just walking around and stumbled into the tent he was playing in and stayed to watch his act.
So, I would have been one of the people in the audience Leon was playing to in that 'Delta Lady' You Tube at the top of this post.
It doesn't seem that long ago to me, and I never would have thought it was way back in 2011 that I watched him play.
Time flies.
And on the subject of time flying, that reminds me of the post I wrote the other day about the bird calendar I bought, because Leon had a song about a hummingbird and another about a bluebird.  -
My glass hummingbird and kingfisher plate
Is 2017 Gonna be a Year for the Birds?
 I also like how Leon was born on 4/2/42 as Americans write the date.
Apart from 42 being the answer to the ultimate question, my dad's old cab number was 424 and he also passed away on the 13th this year ... but September, not November like Leon did.
Thanks for the memories, Leon
Life is a tightrope, and we never know when we are going to fall off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment