Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 31, 2016

2016 Has been the Weirdest Year of My 52 Year Life

Apart from my NRL team winning their very first grand final in just under 50 years I don't think I'm alone in thinking this year has been a very cosmically bizarre year.
Notice the Rebel Rebel sign behind
 me and the
Sharks fans
?
We (the Sharks) had the rights to play Bowie's 'Heroes' in the old 'Super League' days.
So, it was rather bizarre to me that Bowie would pass away the year the Sharks finally win their first NRL grand final trophy.
'Heroes' was released on my 13th birthday in 1977 and the Sharks would win their way into the 2016 NRL grand final by beating the Cowboys on my birthday this year.
My Happiest Birthday Ever
But it was a shock to me also that Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds would bookend this weird year by passing away within a day of each other.
I used to like the song 'Singing in the Rain' until I saw 'A Clockwork Orange', as I've written about here - 
The Clockwork Orange Effect?
Thanks a lot Stanley.
But to be honest I think 2017 is going to make 2016 look boring when it comes to bad news and celebrity deaths.
Let's hope I'm wrong, but buckle the f#ck up and Happy New Year.
Did you know that Carrie Fisher was
 
born on October 21st? BTTF Day
Apart from Carrie Fisher being born on October 21st the date of Back to the Future Day in 2015, her mother Debbie Reynolds was born on April 1st, which is April Fool's Day.
Talk about postcards from the edge.
Life is one weird journey it seems.
Stay safe and keep that umbrella handy in 2017, because I think the weather is only going to get worse.
And on a synchy note, I watched my copy of 'Watership Down' on DVD after seeing the author of the book Richard Adams passed away on Christmas eve.
Carrie Fisher played  
Eve in this movie
The DVD was distributed by Umbrella Entertainment.
Richard Adams, 'Watership Down' author, dies aged 96 at the End of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment