Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 6, 2016

Goulburn: A Walk in the Park in the Home of the Big Sheep

I have wanted to stop and have a look around the town of Goulburn ever since watching Halfasheep's video below, which features the town of Goulburn in the last few minutes of that video.
Ironically, Goulburn is known as the home of the 'Big Sheep' tourist attraction.
Probably not the 'Big Sheep's best angle 
In the town of Rockhampton in my home state of Queensland, they have a big problem with vandals stealing the testicles of the bull statues scattered around the town, so I have heard (and it wasn't me because I've never been anywhere near Rockhampton in my life).
Now, if those guys could replicate the crime at the 'Big Sheep' I would be impressed.
I'll bet those guys would have a ball trying though;-)
The best thing about the 'Big Sheep' though was it was right across the carpark from an 'Oliver's' fast food restaurant
I had never been in an 'Oliver's' before, but this was a Godsend for someone like me who was eating while on the road, even though I had just eaten a curry meat pie back down the road at Sutton Forest, when I stopped to fill my tank up and saw the pie shop.
And I had eaten some fudge back in Berrima -
Me and My Shadow Visit Berrima
But not having breakfast back in Sydney meant a pie and a few bits of fudge weren't going to do the trick, so I grabbed a salad and a juice at 'Oliver's' and it was just what the doctor ordered for my stomach and probably my health.
'Oliver's' is now on my fast-food radar for when I go on future road-trips.
You can even buy books and videos off the shelf, or even online at their on line store, which for a fast-food restaurant is quite bizarre, but in a good way, I think.  
You can even buy clothes on line, if you are a shopaholic.
Weird
I noticed Russell Brand's book 'Revolution' in the centre of the bookshelf, which I heard mentioned in the Daniel Pinchbeck podcast I just listened to this morning, which I referenced in my last post -
'The Higherside Chats', Another Interesting Podcast Series for Twilight Zoners
I also noticed a doco called 'Forks Over Knives', which I see is on Netflix, so I'll give that a watch tonight on my iPad.
After filling my belly, I set out to look at a church in Goulburn, before hitting the park.
You can see my photos of the inside of the church in this old post linked below -
English Qaballa and the Meaning of Life?
This park was what I had come to Goulburn to see thanks to Halfasheep's video back up at the top of the blogpost.
O.K. then, this park and the big sheep, but mainly this park.
I think Halfasheep is pretty much right about the occult (as in hidden ... not sinister) nature of the park.
The four around the one?-)
I noticed that in the centre of the park is a tree in the centre of a circle and four small brick pillars, which would be magical circle, even if only by accident, right?-)
My bird friends seemed to find it magical at least
There is even a greenhouse in the park, and I couldn't help wondering if a green-man lived there:-)
This statue caught my eye, with its four into one symbology and a spirit orb floating on top in the centre.
 And maybe it's just me, but if you look at the "sphere" from a certain angle it kind of looks like a Merkabah, maybe?
Merkaba Prana Sphere is the most accurate representation of the Merkaba energy field
My glass Merkabah hanging to the left of my computer desk
Opening Night at Zakay Glass Creations Gallery
The weird thing was on the day that I visited the park was I couldn't go and have a look at the bandstand, because there was some kind of art thing happening on the day.
'Create Your Own Shadow'?!
It was called, 'Create Your Own Shadow'?!
Umm ... did anyone happen to read my post about Berrima, the town I had just visited less than an hour ago on that day? 
Me and My Shadow Visit Berrima
My shadow in the main street 
of
Berrima, N.S.W, Australia
Probably not, I always get the feeling that I'm just talking to a wall while writing this blog.
May as well be writing it to my shadow self, probably get some better feedback;-)
A whale and an octopus surrounded by shark fins?!
I did take this as a good omen though being a shark supporter waiting to go back to Sydney to see my team play either the Melbourne Storm, or Canberra Raiders in just over a week's time.
I then walked over to the coffee shop pictured above and ordered a black coffee for the road, as I was heading into Canberra to meet up with my son and watch the semi-final between the Canberra Raiders and the Melbourne Storm on TV in Canberra.
The weird thing was that the guy who served me my coffee saw that I was wearing a Sharks t-shirt and started telling me that although he wasn't a Sharks supporter he hoped my team would win the grand final as his golfing buddy was Gavin Miller, one of my all-time favourite Sharks players, who probably never got the accolades of players like E.T, but probably won us just as many games with his gritty performances. 
I wrote about Gavin in my 'Yesterday's Heroes' post -
Yesterday's Heroes
Gavin Miller's photo on
the 
Cronulla club wall
It certainly is a small world, it seems.
I would see the above story about Gavin Miller in the newspaper pictured below, which I bought in Cronulla the day after the Sharks historic win.
Rocky Hill War Memorial
I just wish I had of known about the Rocky Hill War Memorial in Goulburn, when I was down there, as I would have loved to snap some pictures from the top of it.
Oh, well. 
I guess it gives me an excuse to go back to visit Goulburn again in the future, even if my son won't be living in Canberra any longer.
Might give me a chance to check out the other towns in Halfasheep's You Tube at the top of this post.
 Lake George
I headed out of Goulburn thinking I couldn't possibly have any more surprises in store until I drove by a lake that wasn't there a few months ago when I drove past, Lake George, just outside of Canberra -
The “Enigmatic” Lake George Outside of Canberra
If you don't think life is strange, maybe you need to get out more?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment