Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 19, 2016

Skye Whales Synchronicities and Catching the Big Fish

Rob Knaggs
I'm in the middle of writing a post about whales at the moment ... and I guess I am here, as well ... and I was listening to Noah Lampert's latest podcast at his 'Synchronicity' podcast site, where he interviews Canadian artist and cello player Simon Haiduk about his art and music -
SYNCHRONICITY – EP. 61ART, LIFE AND BEYOND WITH SIMON HAIDUK
I go over to check out Simon's art and see his artwork named 'Skye Whales', pictured right at the top of this post, which reminds me of the floating whales in my hometown of Brisbane, which I walked under when I went to see David Lynch's 'Catching the Big Fish' exhibition at GOMA that I wrote about in the post linked below -
My Sunday: Between Two Worlds and Trying to Catch the Big Fish
Then I get an e-mail from the Old Museum in Brisbane telling me what is on there for the next few months, and I see the picture below of Canadian born (?) cellist Rob Knaggs playing his cello under the floating whales that are over at the new museum. 
I've never heard of Rob Knaggs before today, so I Googled him and found a Vimeo of him playing his cello to the whales on a whale cruise off Queensland's Gold Coast, by trailing wires into the water.

Rob Knaggs - Siren Song

Check out Rob's Vimeo by clicking on the link.
Raven Magic - Paper Prints
I'm more into birds than whales on a shamanic level, but whales are really trying make a slash to get my attention lately on that same level for some reason.
Checkout some of Noah's older podcasts over at his site, like this old chestnut -
Synchronicity with Noah Lampert
MIND MELD 33 | YOU ARE A THING THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS DOING, WITH NOAH LAMPERT
MIND MELD 36 | MUSINGS FROM THE MIND’S EYE WITH SIMON HAIDUK

No comments:

Post a Comment