Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 7, 2017

Year of the Monkey and Synchromysticism?

A scene from Prince's movie 'Purple Rain
2016 may be over, but the 'Year of the Monkey' doesn't end until January 27th, 2017.
I have already written a post about Prince passing away in the 'Year of the Monkey' and the scene in the movie 'Purple Rain' where Prince pops the monkey puppet up and says "life's a bitch" -
Purple Rain Synchromysticism?
But not being that big of a George Michael fan myself I didn't realize George had a hit song called 'Monkey' until I read a friend's piece about George Michael this morning at the 'Red Dirt Report'-
Thoughts on George Michael and his musical legacy
While David Bowie passed away in 2016, he didn't pass away in the 'Year of the Monkey' he passed away in the 'Year of the Sheep/Goat'.
But Debbie Reynolds was to pass away in the 'Year of the Monkey' along with her daughter, Carrie Fisher.
Why, you big baboon?!
I lost my father in 2016, but my football team won their first ever grand final, so it was a mixed year for me personally -
Sing & Don't Cry
But like 2016 I think most people can't wait for the 'Year of the Monkey' to be off our backs.
Mick Jagger was born in the 'Year of the Monkey', but I think he should see through the next 20 days O.K.
Although it could be a long year for Mick as the 'Year of the Rooster' hits;-)

2 comments:

  1. All the best for 2017 and beyond.
    ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike and all the best to you and your family, too.
    2017 will be a make or break year for me personally, so it will be interesting.
    The part of the rooster I'll be focusing on in 2017 is the wishbone ;-)

    ReplyDelete