Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 3, 2017

Dance Like a Monkey, But Don't Smoke One

I saw the above cartoon in a blog post at Riotfish when it came through in a feed at the 'Sync the Secret Sun & the Secret Moon' blog-feed.
I have to admit that I don't get what it's about, apart from monkey dancing, but what I find amusing about the cartoon was that it came through my feed as I was reading a book titled, 'Smoking Monkeys, Drilling Rigs, Bio-Diesel Bikes and Other Stories' by a guy I met in Byron Bay at a writers festival years ago when I bought his book and he signed it for me.
Jessica Watson, Ned Manning and Paul Carter
It's actually three books in one and is a little less than 600 pages long, so I have always tended to put off reading it because it's almost like a mini phonebook to hold and I've always had the fear that it could be just as boring as reading a phonebook, too.
I saw the book sitting on my shelf at Christmastime and thought that I really should read that book soon, or I never will, so I promised myself to start reading it before the Year of the Monkey finished, because of the "Smoking Monkey" in the title of the book.
I had just read about how Paul had smoked his pet monkey in the front section of the book, which he retells in the video below, when I read the Riotfish guys 'Dance Like  a Monkey' cartoon ... and I thought after reading about Paul's pet monkey that there are worse things that monkeys can do besides dancing;-)
Joe, the little monkey Paul accidentally smoked (top photo) 
Paul's book is pretty funny, freaky and makes you think ... how glad you are not to be Paul and especially some of the other people Paul mentions in his book/s.
I actually can't put the book down, and with the book being so heavy I imagine my biceps should look pretty good when I do finish reading Paul's book.
Dance monkey dance.
Shell Oil Made Climate Change Video 25 Years Ago! [WATCH]

Something falling over


UPDATE: 2017
Do those covers look similar to you?-)
Let's Be Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment