Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 13, 2017

Don's Dirty Laundry Downunder

I saw Don Henley from ‘The Eagles’ play in Brisbane last night and boy he was giving it to Trump every chance he had.
He opened the show with his song ‘Dirty Laundry’ (a song about TV news presenters) then told the audience that Australia was a really long way away from America and that was a good thing for Australians.
Obviously, Don hasn't read Malcolm Fraser's book 'Dangerous Allies' which I wrote about in this post -
Dangerous AlLIES?
Malcolm Fraser in the signing tent next to Richard Clapton
Then he said he was going to play a song from 1972 when Nixon was in the White-house and how times hadn’t changed that much.
And he even did a pretty good cover version of a 'Tears For Fears’ song of ‘Everybody Wants to Rule the World’.
Somehow I get the impression that Don didn’t vote for Trump.
Don probably should have also sung a cover version of 'Tears For Fears''s 'Mad World'.
The World as Donald Sees It?
Don Henley on stage in Brisbane last night at Sirromet winery 
I even got a kick out of what seemed to me to be a quote out of the movie 'Birdman' when Don had a go at an audience member who was filming him sing by saying "have a real experience" and to stop viewing the world through the camera.
The guitars going off during 'Hotel California'
Don even sung 'Hotel California' for us and I was a bit worried that I would never leave the winery and when I tried to drive out of the car-park after the show it felt like I wasn't going to leave, either;-)
Looking from the top of the hill to one of the car-parks behind the stage
And on a personal synchy note I didn't even realize this Don Henley concert was on until I got an e-mail from the winery on Saturday telling me about a wine sale on April 8th of all days, as this was my father's birthday and the date my Nan passed away on also.
When I saw the e-mail I wondered who was playing on Sunday and found out it was Don Henley, Jewel, Richard Clapton and 
Melody Pool.
Even though I had heard about this concert months ago I thought it had come and gone, so I took this as a sign that I should get a ticket if the concert wasn't sold out already and go...which I did.
And I'm glad that I did go now, it was worth every cent...to have a real experience:-)
Cheers Don.
Ironically, sometimes I had to watch Don on the big screen when people in front stood up 

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Donald Darko - you gotta love it.

Great pozt, Daz.