Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 20, 2017

I am the Walrus/We All Long for Yellow Berberine?

I wrote about going to have a meal at the 'Yabby Road' fish & chip shop last Saturday in this post -
The Lore of Synchronicity?
Lollipop?! That was one of the Bee Gees
first songs that they sung
live
I wrote about buying the Jeff Apter book about the Bee Gees 'Tragedy' before going to Redcliffe to eat at 'Yabby Road' and see the Bee Gees Way light show when the sun went down.
The Bee Gees Way at Redcliffe during the day
I remembered seeing a giant lollipop down from the fish & chip shop and thinking, I wonder if there is a synch in that lollipop, but I couldn't see how that would tie in with the Bee Gees, or The Beatles, but when I was reading my Bee Gees book the next day Jeff wrote how when the Gibbs were living in Manchester they were getting ready to go on stage to mime songs on records they had brought with them to the theatre, but as they were going on stage one of them tripped and broke all of the records, so they were forced to sing live to an audience for the first time and since they knew The Mudlarks' song 'Lollipop' they sung that song
When I went to find a You Tube on the net of The Mudlark's version of 'Lollipop' I saw an ad in the top right corner of the computer screen reading '3 Signs of a Fatty Liver'.
Fatty Liver(pool?-)?
I've been thinking for a few months now that I could have a fatty liver, but I don't usually take any notice of internet ads like that, although I was curious to see what these '3 Signs of a Fatty Liver' were, so I clicked on the ad knowing in the end it would just try and sell me something.
69?! 
There was that number again -
69, 2(0)17? Coincidence, or Just a Plate of Shrimp?
A plate of ... shrimp?!
I was going to grab a Yabby Road burger and chips, but was told that the grill was broken, so any burger with grilled meat was off the menu today, so I had to settle for 'The Walrus', which had fried battered cod, a battered potato scallop, mushy peas and tartare sauce on a warm bun, plus I ordered fried chips and a beer.
Robin Gibb was nick-named
"Bodding" oddly enough
One of the 3 signs of a fatty liver was a protruding stomach, and while wasn't as bad as the guys pictured above in that ad it was starting to head in that direction, I could feel it.
I was glad that I hadn't ordered the deep fried Mars Bar that was on the menu.
Turns out having Diabetes Type 2 is another sign that you might have a fatty liver, so I'll keep well clear of that lollipop shop I think.
I can't remember the third sign, but I'm not watching that ad again.
Turns out that the good doctor, who was just trying to save my life and who looks like he spends more time at the gym than in his doctor's surgery, doesn't want me to save my money
He wants me to buy his pills which mainly contain an ingredient called berberine, which is a quaternary ammonium salt from the protoberberine group of benzylisoquinoline alkaloids
It is found in such plants as Berberis (e.g. Berberis vulgaris (barberry), Berberis aristata (tree turmeric)), Mahonia aquifolium (Oregon grape), Hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal), Xanthorhiza simplicissima (yellowroot), Phellodendron amurense (Amur cork tree), Coptis chinensis (Chinese goldthread), Tinospora cordifolia, Argemone mexicana (prickly poppy), and Eschscholzia californica (Californian poppy)
Berberine is usually found in the roots, rhizomes, stems, and bark.
Due to berberine's strong yellow color, Berberis species were used to dye wool, leather, and wood. Wool is still dyed with berberine today in northern India.
Under ultraviolet light, berberine shows a strong yellow fluorescence, so it is used in histology for staining heparin in mast cells.
As a natural dye, berberine has a colour index of 75160.
I'll pass on the bereberine and get the weight off the old fashion way, burn more calories than I consume.
And on the subject of burning things Jeff wrote in his book that the Gibbs were fire bugs when they were younger, setting fire to billboards and one brother even setting fire to his bed and nearly burning the house down.
Oddly enough, I wrote in an old post in 2012 once where their old Australian house burnt down -
Gibb Sons Apocalypto?
Gutted. The house at Redcliffe 
where the Bee Gees once lived.
The Bee Gees Way at Redcliffe
The Redcliffe "Portal" and the Bee Gees Way

1 comment: