Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 30, 2017

The World of the Gibbs and Cribb Island

.
I wrote a post about attending a talk about the Bee Gees at a local library one recent Saturday afternoon and then visiting Redcliffe after the talk, often touted as "the home of the Bee Gees" -
The Lore of Synchronicity?
But I also heard whispers from other talk attendees that the Gibbs lived at Cribb Island ... where-ever that was.
Turns out that both facts are correct from the information on the internet, the Gibbs lived at Redcliffe and then moved to Cribb Island ... but Cribb Island is no more, as the Brisbane Airport was extended to take in the once Brisbane suburb of Cribb Island, also once "home of the Bee Gees"
An old Brisbane street-directory
showing where
Cribb Island once was
Brisbane Airport below
They also moved to the Gold Coast and Sydney before leaving Australia for England by boat.
"Frustrated by their lack of success, the Gibbs decided to return to England in late 1966.
Ossie Byrne travelled with them and Colin Petersen, who eventually became the group's drummer, followed soon after.
While at sea in January 1967, they learned that "Spicks and Specks" had been awarded Best Single of the Year by Go-Set, Australia's most popular and influential music newspaper."
I thought it was ironic that the Bee Gees went back to England fifty years ago by boat, filmed a video for their single 'Spicks and Specks' flying around in planes from a Sydney airport, before they soon left Australia, which would become an Australian #1 hit while they were on the boat to England and while they were in England Cribb Island would be reclaimed for the Brisbane Airport extention, so international jets could land and take off from there to places like England:-)
Not only that, but in 1967 the Bee Gees would release the songs 'World' and 'Holiday' and now the world can come to Brisbane for a holiday by landing at Brisbane Airport, which was technically once "home of the Bee Gees".
~ WORLD ~
Now, I found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

Living tomorrow, where in the world will I be tomorrow?
How far am I able to see?
Or am I needed here?

Now, I have found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

If I remember all of the things I have done
I'd remember all of the times I've gone wrong
Why do they keep me here?

Now, I have found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

And now, I've found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

And now, I've found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

And now, I've found that the world is round

Songwriters
GIBB, BARRY ALAN/GIBB, MAURICE ERNEST/GIBB, ROBIN HUGH

""World" is a song from the Bee Gees' fourth album Horizontal, released in 1967 in the United Kingdom
Though it was a big hit in Europe, Atco Records did not issue it as a single in the United States, having just issued a third single from Bee Gees' 1st, "Holiday"."
Holiday
Oh you're a holiday, such a holiday
Oh you're a holiday, such a holiday

It's something I thinks worthwhile
If the puppet makes you smile
If not then you're throwing stones
Throwing stones, throwing stones

Ooh it's a funny game
Don't believe that it's all the same
Can't think what I've just said
Put the soft pillow on my head

Millions of eyes can see
Yet why am I so blind
When the someone else is me
It's unkind, it's unkind

Yet millions of eyes can see
Yet why am I so blind
When the someone else is me
It's unkind, it's unkind

Ooh you're a holiday, every day , such a holiday
Now it's my turn to say, and I say you're a holiday
It's something I thinks worthwhile
If the puppet makes you smile
If not then you're throwing stones
Throwing stones, throwing stones

Written by Barry Gibb, Robin Hugh Gibb
Spin?
Something Strange Happened to Me on THE WAY out of a Taoist Temple
Spin?
This was the post that I mentioned putting together when I was looking for information about Cribb Island and stumbled across a Bee Gee/Wee Gee board cartoon which I wrote about in this post in the red link below -
Those Conspiracy Guys and the Ouija Board
Also, when I was looking for information about the Bee Gees and Cribb Island, I stumbled across a wonderful photography blog called 'The Goat that Wrote', which is written by a guy who takes a lot of breathtaking photos of the shoreline around the Redcliffe/Cribb Island area.
'The Goat that Wrote' Blog
Ironically, 'The Goat that Wrote' is now a "ghost blog" according to this message at the blog -
"This is now a ghost blog – please find my new site at iangfraser.com".
iangfraser.com
Irony is my word of the day here, because as I finally put this post together, I can't help listening to the lyrics of the Bee Gees song written 50 years ago called 'World' (a song those "flat earthers" won't like;-), where they sing - 
"Now, I found that the world is round

And of course it rains everyday
Living tomorrow, where in the world will I be tomorrow?
How far am I able to see?
Or am I needed here?
Now, I have found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday
If I remember all of the things I have done
I'd remember all of the times I've gone wrong
Why do they keep me here?
"

Dr. Raymond Moody on the
Duncan Trussell Family Hour
Because in Brisbane we are receiving a month's worth of rain in a single day today, because of Cyclone "Deb Bee" and I can't see a thing outside of my window at times because of the rain.
"Parts of Brisbane have been hit with more than 200 millimetres of rain, stranding people in flash flooding and causing schools to remain closed on Friday.
Ex-
Cyclone Debbie has dumped more than a month's worth of rain in a single day to south-east Queensland, prompting thousands of school kids to be sent home on Thursday.
More than 1,500 schools, universities, and childcare centres have been closed from
Agnes Water in central Queensland to the southern border, and out west to Nanango, affecting 300,000 state school students."
Cyclone Debbie: Brisbane drenched as system moves through south-east Queensland
Cyclone Debbie Spinning down the
Queensland coastline towards Brisbane
The Cribbies?-)
So, if you ever fly into Brisbane Airport, look down and tell the people around you that one of the Gibb's Cribs use to be around here somewhere.
The Bee Gees with their mate Michael Jackson
Another weird synchromystical fact is the Gibbs were good friends with Michael Jackson, Jackson is even the Godfather to one of the Gibb brothers' children. 
"'Cribbie' as it was known by the locals consisted of two areas which were made up of Cribb Island and Jackson's Estate."
Small world, isn't it?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment