Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 21, 2017

The Art of Butchering Pop Culture

Artist turns classic love songs into vintage horror novel cover art
I came across an artist who goes under the name Butcher Billy from the above link where it was written -
"Think of the best love and heartbreak songs from the 80’s until now, but now imagine them as 70’s and 80’s era Stephen King novel covers and you’ve got the work of graphic artist The Butcher Billy, who’s shared these covers on his Instagram."
I threw my wedding ring into those waters
in the above poster when I
divorced
The thing is, it was the image of the book referring to Lionel Richie's song 'Hello' painted on a novel cover artwork of The Butcher Billy's in Google images, while I was looking for images for a post I was writing about the new 'IT' movie that was about to come out at the time that drew my attention to the website that featured more of Butcher Billy's book covers.
But it was also announced that Lionel would be headlining 'Bluesfest' on the Easter Monday in 2018.
Plus, 'Twin Peaks' had just also finished its series run on TV when I stumbled on that image.
Coincidence?
Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment