Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 11, 2017

The Magpie is Australia's Bird of the Year

I looked out my window the other day to see a magpie proudly strutting through my backyard garden as if to say have you heard the news?
Magpies. They're a gardener's dream, a cyclist's nightmare, and according to the Guardian's poll, Australia's bird of the year.
My tin magpie in the backyard, as a
real one
struts around overhead
"Magpies occupy the same territory for their entire life.
Once they find a suitable patch, they will stay there forever — up to 20 years, Darryl Jones from Griffith University told ABC's Off Track program.
"That area doesn't have to be very big, it might be just a couple of hectares or even less in the city," Professor Jones said.
"

Looks like I've got a new friend who will be hanging around the neighbourhood for a while.
If You Want to Avoid Being Attacked by Magpies, Just Make an Effort to be Friends with Them
The framed magpie prints hanging on my living room wall
The Metaphorical God of Good/Bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment