Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 18, 2018

The Siren, the Lady Bird and Ash Wednesday/Valentine's Day?

I saw the above interview with one of my favourite actresses (but I don't believe her role as Lady Bird deserves an Oscar) on the BBC website from February 13th where she says that, "When it came to the whole American high school experience - that was something I knew nothing about.
The only thing I had to draw from was Saved by the Bell and Sabrina the Teenage Witch - American high school shows."
86'd on 14?!
For Whom the Kristen Bell Tolls?
Ash Wednesday fell on Valentine's Day this year, as pointed out in Chris Knowles post -
"Everyone Predicted It."
Lady Bird receiving the Ash Wednesday
 Ashes at her high school
Cyclone Gita and the Siren Song Ritual
Oh, and 'The Lovely Bones' was filmed in New Zealand, too;-)
Message in a bottle from 'The Lovely Bones'?
A screen shot from the film 'Lady Bird'
And as I wrote in a post on Valentine's Day this year, Ferris Wheel Day also fell on Ash Wednesday this year -
Happy Valentine's Day :-)
Ironically with that 'Portlandia' episode titled 'Doug Becomes a Feminist' where Greta Gerwig plays a mermaid I personally think that Greta will lose the 'Best Director' Oscar to the movie director of the film where actor Doug Jones plays a fish-man.
"Sirens of the Sea" World and Coasting with Archetypes?
Doug Jones, who plays the fish-man
 in '
The Shape of Water'
Now you might think that 'The Shape of Water' was lucky, or unlucky to get 13 nominations, but there are 13 months in the lunar calendar and the moon is a feminine energy associated with the female reproductive system and while the movie seems to be about a fish-man it's really about Elisa the deaf woman and her desire to mate and maybe have an otherworldly offspring with the fish-man.
To me it's almost an underwater version of 'Rosemary's Baby' ... which celebrates its 50th year this year.
Tate, Tarantino, Meter-maids and the Gold Coast?
Oscar night this year is on March the 4th, which is the same week as Women's Day coincidentally.
'The Shape of Water'?-)
Sunday March 4th, 2018
So, it will be interesting to see what swims to the surface come Oscar night.
My tips are,
Best Picture: 'The Shape of Water' (although I wouldn't be surprised to see '3 Billborads...' win)
Best ActorGary Oldman (it's a shame Franco ain't there to give him a run for it though)
Best Actress: Margot Robbie (well, I am an Aussie, but I think she really does deserve it, but I won't be surprised to see Frances snatch it off her)
Best Director: Guillermo del Toro (the storyline is crap but the movie looks good up on the screen) 
Best Supporting Actress: Allison Janney (no brainer there)
Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell
But I'm sure these two ladies pictured above are hoping to give my Oscar tips the bird come Oscar night;-)
Oh, and being the Chinese lunar year of the dog, it's interesting that Greta voices Tracy in the animated movie 'Isle of Dogs'.
When I saw this photo of Saoirse I thought she was doing a Delia Sheppard  impression.
But that's Ludicris, right?
Ludicris

No comments:

Post a Comment