Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 22, 2012

King Uke and His Ukulele Blog Sync

King Uke's poster of our idea of a zombie version of the Oz story :- )
It's funny where small syncs can lead you to when you follow them.
On May 7th this year I did a search on Brizdaz on some obscure search engine that someone had used to arrive at my blog and found a Blogger going under the name King Uke had taken one of my Amazon reviews on a comic/novel called Tokyo Zombie and re-posted it on a post on his blog,
Tokyo Zombie (2008)
The funny thing is it is mainly a blog about ukuleles.
And as I wrote in my first comment to him;
"I didn't ever think I would feature on a blog about ukuleles, I'm not a musician, even though I'm a big music fan and the funny thing is I almost bought a ukulele at the Woodford Folkfest, but then talked myself out of it, saying,"what would I do with a ukulele apart from collect dust with it?"
And then at the Byron Bay Bluesfest this year I was really tempted to buy one of these Cigar Box Guitars;
 but then I would have to learn how to play it, so I soon put that idea to bed."
(I was actually outside the tent when Mc Trustry was doing one of these jams on Easter Monday at Bluesfest...I wondered what was being filmed in there and went on over to see...and hear).
In the following comments we talked about Tokyo Zombie and it's merits and KU asked me for some zombie tips.
My reply was;
"As for zombie tips, when it comes to brains - use 'em, or lose 'em would be my advice.
Actually, I just had a vision of a reverse Wizard of OZ zombie story, where Dorothy teams up with the Munchkins to do battle against Scarecrow brain munching, Tin Man heart eating and Lion gut chomping zombies in the land of ZO(M) as she tries to get to the Emerald city and get the Wizard a new brain.
Maybe that's one to throw at the Tokyo Zombie boys?

That's if they aren't scared of getting sued by Disney.
Now, I'd buy that one for sure and would probably give it an OK review on Amazon,too;- )
"
Hence the above poster that KU came up with out of our discussion.  
The Greatest Show on Earth
Then just the other day King Uke did a post on film inspired ukes;
 and I wrote this comment;
"It's funny that I read this post after watching a movie that I bought from Amazon.com called The Greatest Show on Earth.
I'd been trying to track down this movie for months and the only place I could get it was from Amazon (US).
I had never watched this movie before and the only reason I bought this movie was because it was Emmet Kelley's only ever movie role.
I've done a few posts on my blog about syncs in my life involving Emmet Kelly...and here is another one; about half way through the movie Emmet is seen and heard playing a purple ukulele and the song being sung even mentions ukuleles.
"
LOVELY LUAWANA LADY
Lovely Luawana lady
When your hopes and dreams go fadey,
Don't you ever be afraid
He won't come back to you.

Lovely Luawana lady,
Where those ukes and jukes are played,
He dreams of all the dreams he made
And longs that they'll come true.

Ever since he's back there's been no lack of gals
But gee they're slow
They don't pack that wicky wack you taught him
There when the moon was low

Now ev'ry Susie Sal and Sadie
Just becomes a mem'ry shady,
Lovely Luawana lady,
When he dreams of you.

© 1951, 1952
Lyrics & Music: E. Ray Goetz and John Ringling North

From the Paramount film The Greatest Show on Earth.
The uke sync was just one of a few syncs that came out of watching this film.
I'll be writing about the other syncs that I had with other bloggers after watching this film in upcoming posts.
Stay tuned. 

P.S.
King Uke, that BUMS group in the comment below sounds good, but I found a group in Byron Bay called  
The North Coast Ukulele Collective, and I must say that I'm impressed with their song list;
Ukulele songs from A to Z  
and their Uke tuner; 
Ukulele Tuner 
I was just wondering if this guy in the You Tube below was in their group, too;- )

13 comments:

King Uke said...

Syncing makes me feel good! Great post Daz!

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Maybe there is a "Syncing in the Rain" poster in that above comment?-)

" I'm syncing in the rain
Just syncing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clowns
In the post up above
The song's in my heart
From that post up above
Let the funny clowns chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just syncin',
Syncin' in the rain ;-)"

I'll have to stop now,as I'm having flashbacks to
"A Clockwork Orange" for some reason.
Dam you Stanley!-)

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

I don't even know where to begin with a post like this. My brain is slow; synchs lie everywhere.

King Uke said...

Lol... Maybe because one of the films in the uke post mentioned above was la naranja mecanica!

Mike Perry said...

"I'm syncing in the rain" - great!

King Uke said...

Just spotted this for you Daz... http://brisbaneukulele.com/
This is all coming together!

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

King,see the P.S. that I added on to this post for some good uke links.
Cheers.

King Uke said...

I wish I'd subscribed to this link. Yes - the North Coast Ukulele song list is what you might call eclectic. Check this out https://plus.google.com/102463875769849329362/posts/Tes68RAVeZR. There is an irresistible force at work here...

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Thanks KU.
I checked out the link,but I don't get how G+ works,so I didn't understand what the sync was.
You might have to spell it out for me.
Sorry :-(

King Uke said...

Ha ha... yes I didn't give too much away did I. Come on Daz... keep up! Ha ha...
I signed my blog up to be in the "Top 50 Ukulele Sites" about a month ago and I checked this morning where I am in the rankings. I've never managed to make the top 50, but today I see that I've reached the heady heights of number 64. The sync is who's at number 63.... BUMS! Aha!

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Now I get it.
But I have to feel sorry for you getting beaten by a pack of BUMS like that.-)

King Uke said...

They're not the only ones beating me! :-) Cult's the way to go!

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Maybe you should learn to play this tune on your uke -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIfhc1pJpk

.-)