Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 27, 2012

Stupid Pillows

http://www.target.com.au/
Somebody was talking about IKEA to me this morning, and I was thinking that's one place that I don't want to hear about. 

So I went on the net to take my mind off that nightmare, before I started feeling like jumping off a cliff.
I thought I would go over to the Reality Carnival site, because everyday there is usually something interesting to read.
Not this morning though -
An Ikea job interview 
To get myself away from that nightmare scenario I had to go three posts down to an entry called  
World of Cliff Pickover: Images That Make Us Dream 
It has some great pictures like this one below.
But it also had pictures like these, as well.
Which just got me thinking of those stupid pillows IKEA sell, like these pictured below.
Jew pillow??? Does Ingvar know about this?-)
....to lonely guys sleeping with IKEA pillows like this.
Which just got me to thinking about pillows like these below.
Talk about cliff diving ;-)
Then I started to see pillows that reminded me of working there like these.
Old bosses I used to have?-)
And what I'd like to say...
...and do to them ;-)
And pillows that would suit IKEA's style like these.
Get the picture?-)
But I had to stop thinking about IKEA and stupid pillows before I started going crazy
"Too late",  you say?
So I just thought back to how I would calm myself down when I was working for those...

I would imagine a better pillow with more heart than an IKEA pillow.
 And say;
My modified employee IKEA badge. :-)
http://www.target.com.au/

3 comments:

Mike Perry said...

Much too much pillow talk for this time of the morning - 9.51am

I don't get why anyone would want a gun or blood cushion/pillow from your 'good friends' at Ikea or anywhere else. Hardly synonymous with relaxation or sleep.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

I don't think IKEA sell the gun pillows Mike.I was just saying that's the kind of pillows that come to my mind when I think of working there,but I don't think I would put one to my head though.-)

As far as I know they only sell the heart with the arms (popular with Target shoppers)and the 'Jew' pillows.The naked dog is also featured in an IKEA catalogue from a few years back,which caused a minor uproar when it came out.But IKEA spin doctors claimed it wasn't a penis,but only the dogs leg!? Well how many times can Ingvar say sorry,and mean it?
I would say none?-)

The monkey used to work for them as well,I'm told.And the pay was peanuts too,by all accounts.That seems to be what attracts the smaller monkeys to their car-parks,the smell of the employee's pay-packets.-)

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

These pillows are strange, fascinating, horrifying, and wonderful - the grin pillow, for instance. I'm glad you're out of that place.