Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 18, 2013

Sweet Bird of Paradox

My blogging friend Mike Perry posted this blog entry a few days ago-
John Lennon And The Coincidence With Number 9

Walls and Bridges

about John Lennon's #9 coincidences.
Mike was highlighting the Lennon song  #9 Dream
off the Walls and Bridges album.
I loved the song #9 Dream, but I had never listed to Walls and Bridges before. 
My first listening to #9 Dream came from the Shaved Fish album, which I played to pieces in my teenage days.

Shaved Fish

So a lot of the songs off Walls and Bridges I had not heard before, such as the song clip right up the top of this post called, 
Surprise, Surprise (Sweet Bird Of Paradox) .
Which is funny, because I connected first with Mike on a  
Bird of Paradise coincidence between myself and Mike at the time -
The "Bird of Paradise" "Coincidence" 
which led to even more bizarre coincidences between myself and Mike -
Our Lady of Victories Sync
I was already getting pieces together for my Life Is A Boxcar post,
Life Is A Boxcar 
but this post of Mike's just seem to seal the deal for me. 
"Dream, dream away
Magic in the air, was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say, what more can I say?"

 My father-in-law's name was John and a lot of people that knew him claim that Elton John's song Empty Garden  
(about the dead John Lennon) would come on at the most eerie times for them on radios and over store PA systems. 
That hasn't happened to me yet, but I have had more than enough of my fair share of weird enough signs.
 I never knew until yesterday that Elton John played  piano and harmony vocals on Whatever Gets you thru the Night and hammond organ and background vocals on 
Surprise, Surprise (Sweet Bird of Paradox).
And while I had never heard the song Ya-Ya before, I was surprised to see that Julian Lennon played drums on Ya-ya.
"Nobody loves you when you're down and out
Nobody sees you when you're on cloud
nine
Everybody's hustlin' for a buck and a dime
I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine
"

Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)
"You don't have to worry
In heaven or hell
Just dance to the music
You do it so well, well, well!
"

67 Not Out?

Life Is A Boxcar

Great post Mike.
It brought some new songs and perspectives into my life just at the right time.
Ripple Effect?

5 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Lennon, the grateful dead...the only people missing are janis joplin and hendrix..

Mike Perry said...

I'll carry on blogging. As you have said we never know who we may just influence. We read a blog and it can move us on to other things - as you have shown.

Some great music on your post and even a 67 Van!

P.S. I'm a grandad for the second time. Lucy was born on the 16th. Yes, I know, 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' was from the Beatles 1967 album!

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Congratulations Mike.
Another coincidence here,my son Kevin's girlfriend's name is Lucile.
My father-in-law use to always show her this song when she would visit him when he was alive -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D-o9WVawTw

I found the 67 van while looking for some billy-cart shots and the fact that they drove the van down the actual track before,or after the race sold it for me,as far as including the picture in the post.
I knew you would like it.-)

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

You can catch a glimpse of Kev & Luc at the 29,40 and 50 sec mark of this video that was shot for my brother-in-law's limo business.

http://vimeo.com/55152972

Mike Perry said...

Thanks for the Lucille video link. I'm a 'fan' of early rock'n'roll so love the sounds of Little Richard - I've got this on a very old 'record' - remember records?

I actually wrote down that my granddaughter would be called Lucy at the beginning of the year - just had a 'feeling'. I knew it was a girl but didn't want to know the name until after her birth. (My son delivered the baby!)