Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2013

On The Right Track, Too?/"Between The Lines"




Evermore (band)


http://brettdennen.net/

On the Right Track?

Between The Lines and Beyond the Pines?

Between The Lines
I caught a glimpse of past and future
But I did not understand
Darkness and light, blindness and sight
Not everything is so black and white

Separate the truth from lies
With the stories written between the lines
Only you can tell the wrong from right
The more you look the more you find
Close your eyes and drift away
Where the lights are taking you no one can say
In the depths of the your mind
Looking for a sign written in between the lines

With canyons stretched below us
The stars will be our guild
We'll tear the mountains from the sea
And fall into the sky
We'll drift into the airwaves
Between the earth and moon
Where satellites are sending visions
Down into your room

Separate the truth from lies
With the stories written between the lines
Only you can tell the wrong from right
The more you look the more you find
Close your eyes and drift away
Where the lights are taking you no one can say
In the depths of the your mind
Looking for a sign written in between the lines

"The world is very different now,
for man holds in his mortal hands,
the power to abolish,
all forms of human poverty,
and all forms of human life."

Separate the truth from lies
With the stories written between the lines
Only you can tell the wrong from right
The more you look the more you find
Close your eyes and drift away
Where the lights are taking you no one can say
In the depths of the your mind
Looking for a sign written in between the lines
Written in between the lines
Written in between the lines
Written in between the lines

There Are Snakes But There Are Also Ladders

I was reading a post at the Rune Soup blog and saw the above photo in a post and a video of Wellington in NZ in another post.

little wellington


My photo taken in 1977 of  Wellington, NZ.
This got me to thinking of my few days spent in Wellington as a 12 year old in 1977.

 The band Evermore (who I've written about on this blog) are from this area, so I decided to find out just where.
Evermore are originally from Feilding, New Zealand.
Turns out they are from Fielding, a place I haven't been to.
Feilding Railway Station, and a pine tree, I might add.
But what caught my eye about Fielding was this picture below.
An Eric Brew mural at Feilding Railway Station
Now, while I try to keep a low profile on the internet by not using my surname, this story can't be told properly with out revealing it.
Let's just say the artist above and I share something in common;-)

The Innocent Perpetrator

The Fielding of dreams?-)

And Your Room

Is Synchronicity A Sign That We Are On The Right Track?



6 comments:

King Uke said...

Ah Wellington! I've never revealed this before, but the title "picture" on my blog is from Wellington. It is based upon a sculpture on the Writer's Walk... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZFt4nVR3ltg/Tjjc8gCBuAI/AAAAAAAAAV4/SI4XZkw5GPk/s1600/DSCF1296.JPG. The quote is from a book called Cousins by Patricia Grace. I haven't read the book, but I love the quote: "I love this city, the hills, the harbour, the wind that blasts through it. I love the life and pulse and activity, and the warm decrepitude. There is always an edge here that one must walk which is sharp and precarious, requiring vigilance."

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

@King
Yes,Wellington was my favourite too,although we didn't do the South Island,only the North.
Next time I'll check out Fielding I think.

King Uke said...

I think I might have been to Feilding maybe once Daz. I'm not sure that there's anything to see there, but if you head North, you've got Lake Taupo which has always been a favourite of mine.

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

@King
But,I thought there were some cool paintings in Fielding to see ?-)

King Uke said...

Well yes... apart from the paintings... and you might run into Evermore I guess... ;-)

King Uke said...

Wellington, Wellington, Wellington... you've got me getting all nostalgic Daz...

Wellington... home of these fine people... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgY4H7dbZg

Brilliant rendition I'm sure you will agree