Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 28, 2013

Feminism as Psychological Warfare & Harnessing Human Resources

The Radio 3 Fourteen interview with Lisa Arbercheski
I saw Lana Lokteff had posted an interview with  Lisa Arbercheski called,
Feminism as Psychological Warfare & Harnessing Human Resources 
on her website, and normally a talk on Feminism I would find rather uninteresting, but I happened to be reading this old issue of Heeb magazine at the time
and couldn't help noticing that both Lana and Heeb had used the iconic factory woman pose.
I saw this as a synchronicity, so went over to listen to the pod-cast.
This is one worth listening to I think.
 Heeb also showed Mélanie Laurent smoking a cigarette,
which is something talked about in the interview later as well,
the subject of how a campaign to get women smoking started .
The issue I was reading was the controversial Rosanne Barr issue where Rosanne dressed as Hitler and was shown with a tray of  burnt "Jew cookies".
Being a secular Jew myself, I had a subscription for a while, but didn't think it was worth the price of getting it shipped from the States.
And I have to say that I found the "Jew cookie" thing more shocking than funny.
It's also creepy having what I presume was meant to be a Jewish factory worker on the cover.

No comments: