Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 30, 2017

The New Craze of Pod-casting

I'm starting to think that there are more podcasts than iPhones at the moment.
With the advent of the internet it seems like every man, woman and dog is starting up their own pod-cast show.
Five of the Best Paranormal Podcasts, Web Series, and Vlogs You Should Be Subscribing To?!
Some of these pod-cast shows are really worth a listen to and some of these shows you're left thinking, well that was an hour of my life I'll never get back again.
It reminds me of when the blogging craze started and everyone was into blogging it seemed until only the ones who really liked doing it without the idea of making a personal fortune, or even just to make a living out of it, stayed the course.
It will be interesting to see...or should I say hear how this latest craze plays out a few years down the track and just who picks up the audiences in the world of pod-casting.
My favourite pod-casts are on subjects such as synchronicity and para-normal/spiritual matters and just in those categories alone there are a heap of podcasts you can listen to at the moment.
Some are really good at pod-casting and some are just rambling bores.  
And I'm sure some people like Ryan Singer (who's show I quite like, by the way) just have a podcast to justify why they like having conversations with themselves in the pretense of talking to an audience, like this example -
The History of Ghost Hunting – 3rd Ear Bonus 100
Don't worry Ryan, some of the best conversations I've had have been with myself also.
At least I hope they were with myself :-) 
It will be interesting which of the pod-casts I listen to now will last and how many will fall by the wayside as the dreams of fame and fortune don't eventuate...or to see which fledgling pod-casts do bring in the fame and money...or at least the satisfaction to keep on pod-casting.
I'll just stick to blogging, I think.
Who needs fame and fortune anyway? :-(

No comments: