Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 28, 2014

Oh, Blow it! Who am I Kidding?

I traded in my kiddes harmonica for a real one when I came home from the Woodford Folkfest, after my purchase of the adult version from the McTrustry's Cigar-box guitar tent at the festival.
Nigel assured me it would be a piece of cake with the CD to teach me.
It came with a "how to" CD, which I thought would make playing one of these a piece of cake, but looking at the contents of the CD has made me wonder if I shouldn't have just purchased a cigar-box guitar instead?
I'll just have to keep practicing I guess, but at the moment I suck at blowing;-)
McTrustry Cigar Box Guitars
Watch -
Nigel McTrustry @ The Beechmont Blues Stomp
 
Maybe one day after many rotations of the CD and much blowing I'll be able to accompany Nigel on stage, too? 
If he is still alive by then, that is;-)

2 comments:

  1. Funny! When I blow on a harmonica, my dogs either howl or hide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're talking Daz! I've got 7 or 8 mouth organs and I can't play any of them. Ha ha. I still reckon you should get a cbg... Just saying ;-)

    ReplyDelete