Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2018

9/11 Screening of 2001: A Space Odyssey?

On 9/11/2018 (that's how we Australians write November 9th, 2018) I went to a 50th anniversary screening of '2001: A Space Odyssey' in my hometown of Brisbane, Australia.
9/11 the Hilton Hotel and Ground Zero?!
This happened also on November 9th, 2018
Bourke Street attack: Cafe owner stabbed to death trying to help his killer
BACK TO THE FUTURE predicts 9/11 and Donald Trump?!
But it was no ordinary screening, this screening involved a Q&A with Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, the actors who play the two astronauts on a mission to Jupiter in Stanley Kubrick’s 
‘2001: A Space Odyssey‘.
Looking out a window of the cinema complex and
up the
Brisbane River towards the CBD
Palace Barracks Cinema
Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood at the signing desk
Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood doing Q&A
A Jack Nicholson quote on the cinema wall
Jack Nicholson, born April 22, 1937
The November 9th, 2018 screening of '2001: A Space Odyssey' 
in Brisbane, Australia
When I got home from the screening of the movie I saw my friends at the 'Synchrosecrets' blog had written the above post about Jupiter, which I thought was amusing, since the movie is about a trip to Jupiter -
Jupiter into Sagittarius
So I left this comment at their blog site -
"On the subject of Jupiter, I met Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, the actors who play the two astronauts on a mission to Jupiter in Stanley Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey ‘ in my hometown of Brisbane at a special 50th anniversary screening tonight.
I bought a limited edition movie poster for
$120 that they both signed for me and while that might sound a bit steep I didn’t mind because I put a $50 win bet on horse #23 (my birth-date) in the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday and it won and payed $540.
I’m a Virgo/Libra and it certainly has been a surreal week so far for me.
"

See You on the Other Side Podcast #221THE IMAGINAL REALM: ACTIVE DREAMING AND SYNCHRONICITIES WITH ROBERT MOSS
My winning $540 Melbourne Cup ticket
The sold out cinema on the night of
the screening during Q&A
Gary was born on 21/2/37 as we Aussies write it;-)
Is that an angry star-child on the poster?-) 
The start of the movie and looking at the monolith?-)
It was surreal meeting two of the stars of a movie that has been so much a part of my life from the day I saw it in the 70s with my grandmother at the Village Twin cinema in New Farm in Brisbane to this 9/11 screening in Brisbane.
Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the cards falling just right for me to meet these guys in my hometown roughly 
40 years later.
I never asked them any questions about 2001 or Stanley Kubrick, because I doubt that they could have answered the questions I wanted to ask anyway.
They were just two actors in a Kubrick film that wouldn't have all the answers, just like I was one of the guys involved in that 9/11 BTTF You Tube and if they had of asked me just what it was all about I could have told them my take on it, but it wouldn't be the whole take on it.
A Bush Baby on 2001?-)
Oddly enough, I saw the Russel Crowe, Nicole Kidman,
Joel Edgerton movie 'Boy Erased' before the screening of 
'2001: A Space Odyssey' .
Joel Edgerton was born on June 23, 1974, or
6/
23/74 as Americans would write it;-)
I actually wanted to see something like 'A Star is Born', or the new Queen biopic, but the only movie that would finish on time to get out of the cinema to meet the two actors at around six was 'Boy Erased', so I saw that movie.
Tagline: The Truth Cannot Be Converted.
And in the movie 'Boy Erased' there is a room 237 mentioned, too.
It wasn't lost on me while watching 'Boy Erased' that Nicole Kidman was in Stanley's last movie 'Eyes Wide Shut', which Stanley had set for release on the anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch to the moon, July 16th.
Probably just a coincidence right?
But life is full of bizarre coincidences, some good and some not so good.
Bourke St knife attacker shot by police in Melbourne dies in hospital after one killed, two injured in stabbings
Bourke Street attack victim, Pellegrini's co-owner Sisto Malaspina, remembered as 'best boss'
While the above terrorist event is happening in Melbourne I'm sitting in a cinema in Brisbane watching Russel Crowe acting on the big screen with Nicole Kidman, oblivious that some lunatic with a knife and a car load of gas is trying to kill innocent people in the streets of Melbourne.
In fact the first time I heard about this event was at the intermission in 2001, where I was bored during the break and decided to check my phone for the latest news headlines.
 It wasn't until last night that I found out that lunatic killed Sisto, one of the kindest guys around, who was apparently trying to help that asshole, because he thought he had crashed his car accidentally.
Life is full of coincidence and synchronicity, but it's not all good, that's for sure.
The world needs more Sistos and less gutless arsehole lunatics.
Sisto died as he lived, a hero with a big heart.

UPDATE: Novemver 12th, 2018
Douglas Rain: Actor who voiced Hal in 2001: A Space Odyssey dies on 11/11
"Anthony Hopkins said Hal influenced his performance as serial killer HAnnibaL Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs."

No comments:

Post a Comment