Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 1, 2013

The Twist in the Tale?

Just remember what happens when too much pressure is applied to the tail of a 
It can be a heartbreaking experience:-(

Peter Carey devotes a chapter to the drops in his 1988 novel,  
Most relationships take place in glass houses and 
don't hold up well when the stone throwing starts.
Diamonds may be a girls best friend,
but rocks can really wreck a home or relationship. 
And how possible is it to glue a Prince Rupert's Drop
back together once twisted too far?

4 comments:

  1. I'll back back to watch these trailers. Not familiar with this novel, but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of a Prince Rupert's Drop before - but looked it up and watched the video. I am enlightened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enlightened by this, too. The chemistry of tears...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Peter Carey today at the BBWF and bought 3 of his books including
    'The Chemistry of Tears'.
    He hasn't been in Byron Bay since 1979.

    When people ask him where he is from he tells them he is a Martian because he is from Bachus Marsh in Victoria.
    I got him to sign my books to
    'Darren the Australien'
    and he really liked that name...he asked me how I came up with that name amusing name,so lets see if he pinches it for himself now.-)

    ReplyDelete