Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 5, 2013

My Crow Totem at the BBWF

My spirit animal totem (Crow) was everywhere yesterday at the 
Byron Bay Writers Festival.
The Crow: I Just Knew It
The entrance gate to the festival
This is the first time I have seen crows here out of six visits to this festival.
I captured a pink orb while trying
to get a shot of the crow:-)
I really felt the spirit with me yesterday.
The sun was doing weird things to my shots
after my walk on the beach again.
Three pelicans flew past,
but I only managed to snap two of them, just.
Not only was it the first time I had seen crows there,
Rainbow Lorikeets were playing 'Where's Wally';-)
You can just see one Rainbow Lorikeet
near the yellow flower
I saw a few Rainbow Lorikeets, as well, 
which I see as another spirit sign, too.
The Billabong
The beach walk from yesterday -
Julian Rocks straight ahead
My shadow is pointing to the Lighthouse
There is even artwork on the beach;-)
And it's not mine by the way.
Julian Rocks and the lighthouse
I pocketed a few scallop shells to take home,
as any good
pilgrim would;-)
My footprint in the sand
Back to the festival to catch the last talk of the day
A guy flying over the beach in a motorized glider ...
he's got guts. Not for me.
Last autograph of the festival, Michael Leunig.
 And what a que it was.
http://www.leunig.com.au/

Michael Leunig

When the Heart

When the heart
Is cut or cracked or broken,
Do not clutch it;
Let the wound lie open.
Let the wind
From the good old sea blow in
To bathe the wound with salt,
And let it sting.
Let a stray dog lick it,
Let a bird lean in the hole and sing
A simple song like a tiny bell,
And let it ring.

The guy in the above You Tube sat next to me at the Paul Kelly, Archie Roche, Lucky Oceans talk.
He was saying how he was writing a book about
100 years of the crossword puzzle.
Unfortunately, crossword puzzles are one thing I really don't like doing. 
He was a top bloke and I told him about the beach over the hill, which he didn't know about.
Since I told him on the Friday about the beach walk and this clip was filmed on the Saturday 
(I wasn't there Saturday), it's good to see he didn't get lost;-)
It's a shame I didn't get to see his talk, though. 
Maybe next year?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos! And wild lorikeets, how great. I've only seen them in zoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos especially the beach. You've captured the flavour of the Festival.

    ReplyDelete