Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 1, 2016

Pop Culture and Synchronicity on the Road

"Jupiter" over Oz?!"
I bought this postcard at the Jindabyne information centre the day after I had walked to the top of Australia's highest peak, Mt.Kosciuszko (April 22nd) and when I get home I see Jake Kotze had posted a mash-up of the planets Jupiter and Saturn and named it Jupiturn in response to Miley Cyrus's tattoo of "Jupiter".
I knew nothing about Miley's tattoo at the time, in fact it would be the following week that it would hit social media.
Jake Kotze's Jupiturn mash-up.
Miley Cyrus's tattoo of "Jupiter".
I wrote a post a few weeks ago about Jupiter getting hit by a comet on Jake's and Grimes birthday (March 17) in this post in the red link below -
Jupiter Gets Hit on Jake Kotze's Birthday?!
Then I go to Australia's Country Music capital Tamworth the next day and the same Oz/"Jupiter" image is on a purple cup and of course I knew about Prince passing away by then, so bought the cup to remember that Prince passed away that week that I was on my road-trip.
The cup sitting on the shelf of the Golden Guitar shop in Tamworth.
I also picked up a purple dancing skeleton bookmark the same day I picked up the "Jupiter" postcard in Jindabyne and bought that because I heard about Prince's passing that week.
Purple Reign?
And today I see Miley happens to be in Oz with the Hemsworth family and getting another tattoo in Byron Bay, the town I got my last tattoo in.
Life Support?
237 comments?!
Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky cement their friendship over their love for Hemsworth brothers with matching tattoos
I had a 237 moment yesterday (Sunday) when I hit the Crystal Castle driveway and saw my car clock was showing 2:37pm and had to pull over as I was driving up the driveway before it changed to 2:38pm before I could get the shot.
2:37pm when I hit the Crystal Castle yesterday on my Byron journey.

I had gone up to Crystal Castle after just having seen the movie Captain America: Civil War at the Ballina cinemas to buy a scroll with the Spiral and the Native American saying on it, which is what I take the movie The Revenant to be based on.
The Secret of 'The Revenant'
The Spiral scroll hanging in my living room now.

Jake had also posted this Instagram he made about world peace and I had also bought a 24 piece earth globe key-ring puzzle at the Jindabyne info centre when I bought the bookmark and postcard. 
Small world...literally. ;-) 
The Jindabyne cinema where I saw Batman v Superman.

Ironically there is a cinema connected to the Jindabyne info centre and the movie that I saw the night before, which was playing there was Batman v Superman...so much for world peace.
I must say that this was the smallest cinema ticket I've ever bought.
I'll be writing more about this movie and the personal synchronicities I had before seeing it in a future post.
So stay tuned to this same Bat channel.

No comments: