Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 5, 2024

Late Night with the Devil?πŸŒƒπŸ“ΊπŸ‘ΊπŸ‘»

I almost forgot about doing my follow up posts that I promised to do in this old post -
It was only when I went to see the Q&A screening of
'The Way, My Way' at the Village Cinemas at New Farm in Brisbane and I picked up a flyer of 'Late Night with The Devil' that folded out into a mini movie poster, that I remembered about the posts I promised to write.
That poster above reminded me of an old post of mine featuring a similar looking hypnotic TV -
That podcast didn't last long by the looks of it?
I loved 
'Late Night with The Devil', and to any Australian my age who grew up watching late night TV and who was into the woo woo (although I don't believe in "The Devil"), you'd know that the incidents in this movie were inspired by 'The Don Lane Show' and one infamous night in particular -
"Uri Geller, Doris Stokes and broadcaster Kevin Arnett regularly appeared on The Don Lane Show discussing psychic and paranormal themes. On one occasion in 1980, the skeptic James Randi was a guest on the program. After Randi criticised one of the show's regulars, a heated exchange occurred at the end of the interview, which led to Lane saying, "we're going for a commercial break and you can piss off. We'll be back with Diana Trask". Lane then walked off the set, sweeping the props from the small table, to audience applause. The aftermath of the event led to a national apology for using profanity, which was televised on the Nine Network, but he stood by his behaviour towards Randi."
I was surprised to read that 'Late Night with The Devil' was shot in Melbourne, Australia.
Ingrid Torelli, who played the role of Lilly in the movie, knocked it out of th park, performance wise, and I had never heard of her before.
She has a bright acting career ahead of her for sure ... and not in a Faustian bargain sense, either.
I will certainly by watching this movie again ... God willing, that is:-)
I found a few podcasts where Ingrid Torelli talks about playing Lilly in the film and there are BIG SPOILERS in those podcasts in the You Tubes below.
I can see this being a Halloween staple when it comes to movie nights:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment