Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 24, 2011

Manning a Day on the Green

A guy wearing a Manning #18 Indianapolis Colts jersey
 I snapped this picture of a guy wearing an Indianapolis Colts jersey yesterday at A Day on the Green concert at Sirromet winery.
I snapped it because at first glance I thought this guy was wearing a Seattle Sea-hawks jersey (which happens to be my favourite NFL team ... not that I follow the NFL all that much).
After I snapped it I realized this guy didn't follow one of the classiest teams in the NFL at all;-) 
But later on I realized he had a player's name MANNING and the 
player's number 18 on the back of the jersey. 
Manning getting tackled by a Baltimore Raven.
A day on the green
???
Strange, since I wrote a post on the Ned Manning talk 
at the Byron Writers Festival a few weeks ago;
Manning and Malthouse and The Dead End (Drive-in)
and to see somebody in Australia wearing an NFL jersey around is extremely rare indeed.  
Ned Manning was married to Bronwyn Bancroft who I wrote about here;
Stradbroke Dreamtime
Bronwyn illustrated the Stradbroke Dreamtime book written by Oodgeroo, about growing up on Stradbroke Island.
Stradbroke Island on the horizon (the blue hills)
Stradbroke Island is visible from the  winery.
It's just a short boat ride across the bay. 
Life Weaving (Blue) by Bronwyn Bancroft
Life Weaving (Green) by Bronwyn Bancroft
Washpool Sunset by Bronwyn Bancroft
 

No comments:

Post a Comment