Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 7, 2011

The Steely Dan Sync

 I've always wanted to go to an open air concert at my local winery (Sirromet) but I wanted it to be a band I really would love to see and hear.
This year it was Steely Dan and Steve Winwood.
I was a bit luke warm on them, as I didn't really know any  
Steely Dan songs ... or thought I didn't, so I was thinking about giving it a miss and waiting to see what bands would play next year.
That was until I was reading the novel Naked Lunch and found out on Wikipedia that the band Steely Dan is named after the dildo referred to in the novel.
I took this as a sign that I should buy some tickets and go.
So, I purchased some tickets for my brother and I, and in about 2 weeks (Oct 23rd) I'll be seeing Steely Dan and Steve Winwood play live at my favourite winery.
The one I wrote about at the bottom of this post ;
The Twelfth Insight”?
I just hope the weather behaves itself on the day.
Reelin' In The Years
Lyrics

Your everlasting summer
You can see it fading fast
So you grab a piece of something
That you think is gonna last
You wouldn't know a diamond
If you held it in your hand
The things you think are precious
I can't understand

CHORUS:

Are you Reelin' In The Years?
Stowin' away the time
Are you gatherin' up the tears?
Have you had enough of mine?

You been tellin' me you're a genius

Since you were seventeen
In all the time I've known you
I still don't know what you mean
The weekend at the college
Didn't turn out like you planned
The things that pass for knowledge
I can't understand

CHORUS


I spend a lot of money

And I spent a lot of time
The trip we made in Hollywood
Is etched upon my mind
After all the things we've done and seen
You find another man
The things you think are useless
I can't understand

CHORUS 


No comments:

Post a Comment