Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 28, 2016

The Art of Patti Dragonfly

Images of my favourite lighthouse on Cape Byron, New South Wales
When I was down at the Somara conference a few weekends ago I came across these calling card paintings on the counter when I was buying some prints that I was after.
I hadn't taken any notice of the artist's name until yesterday when I flipped one of the cards over to see where I could buy some prints off the artist if I wanted to.
And since I had written a post about the Dragonfly and transformation and used a butterfly print of what I now know was Patti's in that post, I found it amusing to learn this artist went under the name of Patti Dragonfly.
Quilted Celtic Butterfly hanging
 - linoblock print
A Dark Night of the Soul?
I  found this dragon fly GIF at Patti's Facebook page with the following quote -
"The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life."
That quote seemed to resonate with me, as well. 
Blue Dragonfly cushions
 -
linoblock print
I was attracted to this painting pictured below in the art gallery at Starseed Gardens of the birds flying around Cape Byron 
and the lighthouse.
I had just read a passage about condors being the highest-flying birds in the world in the book of shamanism I was currently reading and while we don't have condors in Australia the above painting made me think of condors flying around the most easterly point of land in Australia and me coming down to Byron Bay to spend the weekend at a shamanic conference there.
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail? 
Sparrow/Self-Reliance Syncs 
The only reason I knew about the Somara shamanic conference was because I saw a newspaper article in the Echo about a Peruvian painter, Luis Tamani.
I got to meet Luis, but he only spoke Spanish and I only spoke English, so it was more just a nod, a wink and a smile and me watching him paint in the gallery at Starseed Gardens.
I did buy a print of Luis Tamani's, which I have now framed and in my living room to remind me of the weekend that I saw him painting at Somara.
My framed print of Luis Tamani's sitting in my living room
Luis Tamani being presented with a hand made flute at Somara on the final day of the conference.
I also liked the linocut print of Patti's of inside the lighthouse looking down the spiral staircase of the Cape Byron lighthouse.
Start of the spiral staircase
to the top of the lighthouse
Guiding Higher Light
I will have to drop in and take a look around at Patti's artworks next time I'm down in Byron Bay.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she's talented! Love her dragonflies. You live in an intriguing part of the world, Daz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Patti's dragonflies Trish.
    I'm over butterflies, the house used to be full of butterfly art when I shared a house with my ex-wife and her decorations.
    To me the dragonfly is a better talisman for transformation on a personal level.

    ReplyDelete