Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 10, 2012

IKEbanA

IKEbanA?
IKEbanA
IKEbanA?
I was reading Alan Abbadesssa Green's novel  
Look At All The Happy Creatures and I got to chapter 44 titled Ikebana For The Mind.
IKEA?
I thought,"What the heck is IKEBANA?
Was it something to do with Swedish furniture arranging, or what?"
When I started reading the first paragraph -
"Clyde stood in a small studio,tucked away amid a maze of corridors, far removed from areas of the Network that the resistance had breached. 
There was only one camera and minimal staff..."
I thought "Oh, it is about IKEA."  
But, no, IKEBANA is the art of Japanese flower arranging, not the Swedish art of furniture arranging, to my astonishment.
IKEbanA?
Nor the art of Swedish meatball arranging, apparently.
IKEbanA?
 Not even the old Swedish art of hot dog arranging.
Oops!!!
That's better...sort of ;-) .
And then towards the end of the chapter I read the line,
"It was as if their anticipation was drawing them inside the box."
and I wasn't so sure;-)
IKEbanA?
And with the author's name being Alan  
Abbadessa Green, how could it not be about something Swedish???
Maybe Swedish musical arranging?
I believe that the above song Money, Money, Money was originally going to be called,"The IKEA Co-workers  Lament"?- )

5 comments:

  1. Funny. I think I'm one of the few who have never been into an Ikea store. As for meat balls and hot dogs; not my nutrition of choice being a vegetarian even if done the Ikea 'deliciously trendy' way. Nothing against the Swedish, I'm sure I've got Abba Gold somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re:
      "As for meat balls and hot dogs; not my nutrition of choice..."

      I'm not a vegetarian,but I'm not a fan of either of those foods,especially not from IKEA.

      Delete
  2. I remember the excitement in NZ in the early noughties when there was a chance that IKEA might open a shop there. Don't know if it ever happened in the end. I love that picture about the 'maze'. I don't go to IKEA much, but when I do, I always have to go the end and then retrace my steps back to somewhere near the start to find the code for the thing I was after. Keeps you fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still no IKEA in New Zealand,to my knowledge as yet.And I know what you mean only too well about not being able to find a way out of the IKEA maze.-)

      Delete
  3. This is great. I love the IKEA arrangement connections.

    ReplyDelete