Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 3, 2012

We Need A War On Donuts,Too!-)

Scene from The Greatest Show On Earth
I took a picture of this still frame from The Greatest Show On Earth at the time that I took all of the pictures for a post about the movie.
I didn't know why I took the picture at the time, I just thought I might want to use it in the future for some reason.
Then one of the blogs I've been following anonymously (iAhuasca) has this interesting and amusing post -  
Master of Donuts
adapting lines from Aleister Crowley's Diary of a Drug Fiend and substituting Crowley's drug of choice for the doughnut addiction of the blogger.
"21. So-and-so has taken it for years, is still taking it, and is the most remarkable man of his century."
Too much McDonalds can be a drag ;-)
 "17. My friend likes me to take it with her."

"19. I have given up cigarettes and alcohol, PROCESSED FOOD allows me to still enjoy life, and that isn't a crime."
"7. In spite of the knowledge of the disadvantages of processed food, I am really not sure whether it isn't better than the other life (organic, vegetarian).  
After all, I have an extraordinary control over my emotions through processed food, cigarettes, coffee, diet-soda, anti-depressants, and alcohol.
 "16. I take it because it is prohibited.  I decline being treated like a silly schoolboy when I'm a responsible man."
"18My ability to take it shows my superiority over other people."
 "14. I must not be a coward and say NO."
"13. It is quite certainly a mistake putting down all little discomforts as the result of taking it. Very likely, all of them are illusions, and simply my own illusions of GUILT.  
I am simply scaring myself into saying NO."

I'd like to see iAhuasca bring out a book called something like  
"Diary of a Donut Fiend: The Hole Story";-)

4 comments:

  1. Whew. My head spins when I drop by here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you might need a doughnut Trish .-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the doughnuts with custard in them - but I am not addicted, I must emphasise that. I can stop at any time I wish.

    ReplyDelete