Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 29, 2012

Bored Games?

I once clipped this cartoon out of the paper and had it in a frame on my desk, but it started fading so I snapped a picture of it so I could download it onto my computer.
 The above "Monotony" design was a t-shirt/fridge magnet design I once created from a mash-up of images.
I guess these games could be titled  
"The Game of Life and How Not to Play It".
 But speaking of The Game of Life and How to Play It,
I found these You Tube audio's of Shinn's famous book which I first read years ago and quite liked.
I've posted the first 3 chapters, but you can find them all on
You Tube if you want to hear more.
She uses a Christian slant, talking about Jesus, and while I'm not really into Christian material,  you have to remember the time period that Shinn wrote the book in.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I've always preferred Heroquest. If I'm going to play a board game, I want to at least be able to pretend I'm swinging a sword around and killing monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that wouldn't be boring like swinging a flounder around in a retail outlet,would it?
      But it could be an interesting add on in
      "The Game of Life",if you could pick up a sword after graduating college .-)

      Delete