Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 21, 2016

A Bone of Fact?

While reading David Walsh's autobiography, 'A Bone of Fact', that I picked up at his MONA gallery when I paid a visit (literally paid to visit that is) to the MONA shop and was inspired to buy David's memoir by Jenny S the saleslady, after asking her if she had read it 
(yes, Jenny it is worth reading and thank you) I came across this passage where David writes who his favourite science fiction authors are, and David writes that P K Dick committed suicide, which was not true, but very ironic when you read that passage (see photo below).
This is how P K Dick died according to the Wikipedia article on him -
Philip K. Dick
"On February 17, 1982, after completing an interview, Dick contacted his therapist, complaining of failing eyesight, and was advised to go to a hospital immediately; but he did not. 
The next day, he was found unconscious on the floor of his 
Santa Ana, California, home, having suffered a stroke
In the hospital, he suffered another stroke, after which his  
brain activity ceased
Five days later, on March 2, 1982, he was disconnected from 
life support and died."
How informed that quote from Wiki is about Dick's death I'm not sure, which means it could be just a fart in a windstorm and I'm probably not entitled to my opinion on whether Dick committed suicide, or not, and I'm probably just a dickhead who is not a real PKDickhead, but I think I may just be right on this one.  
Of course, as David tells us by quoting that "famousJoseph Stalin quote about quotes on the internet in his book, my quote from Wiki may not be genuine;-)
MONA: Sex X and Death

No comments:

Post a Comment