Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 11, 2016

Isn't It Ironic?

Dubai airport lottery: Emirates plane crash-landing survivor wins $1 million jackpot
"Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face.
"

"In the space of a week, he survived a crash-landing at Dubai airport then won $US1 million in a lottery organised by the airport's duty-free operator, Gulf News reported.
The 62-year-old was flying home from holidays with family in India when the Boeing 777 in which he was travelling caught fire on landing with 300 people on board.
The accident last week shut down the Middle East's busiest airport for several hours, forcing authorities to cancel hundreds of flights.
All the passengers and crew escaped unharmed, but a firefighter died tackling the blaze.
Just six days later, Mr Khadar discovered that the lottery ticket he had bought on the way to India was now worth $1 million.
A fleet administrator with a Dubai car dealership, Mr Khadar told Gulf News he habitually bought a lottery ticket on his way to visit family in the southern Indian state of Kerala.
Ticket number 845 in the Millenium Millionaire draw at the airport's Dubai Duty Free proved to be his winning shot.
How ironically ironic is that
That puts a 180-degree flip on the lyrics of Alanis Morissette's 'Ironic' song. 
 "Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well, isn't this nice.""

"An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day"

 "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"
I have listened to Alanis Morissette's song 'Ironic' quite a bit lately, as I have the album it's off on my iPod.
I bought the CD after I had seen the movie 'A Trip to Italy' and Alanis in the PKD movie adaption of 'Radio Free Albemuth'.
I wrote a post about seeing the movie 'A Trip to Italy' the day I threw my wedding ring into the sea at Byron Bay in the post linked below -
Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?
I then purchased the album again on iTunes for my iPod before my last two road trips
"A traffic jam when you're already late" 
Ironically, I did get caught in two road accidents that made me late when I was already running late.
Road Trip #2
"And isn't it ironic, don't you think
A little too ironic, and yeah I really do think.
"

2 comments: