Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 23, 2016

They Live...in 'The Lego Movie'?

Left click on image to make bigger
I was watching 'The Lego Movie'  (An ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied 'Special', is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis) when I noticed a scene (pictured above) that was very reminiscent of a scene from the John Carpenter film
'They Live' (A drifter discovers a pair of sunglasses that allow him to wake up to the fact that aliens have taken over the Earth).
I also found a few screen shots from 'The Lego Movie'  that seem to give a nod to the theories of David Icke about his reptilian shape-shifters.
But you will have to be quick to spot them without the pause button on your remote control.
Screen shots from 'The Lego Movie'

Reptilian shape-shifters in Legoland?
It's the part of the movie when the hero gets out of bed in the morning, so maybe a hint to 'Eyes Wide Shut', (
A New York City doctor, who is married to an art curator, pushes himself on a harrowing and dangerous night-long odyssey of sexual and moral discovery after his wife admits that she once almost cheated on him) as well, where the main character doesn't know if he was in a dream, or nightmare.

I thought it was amusing to see a scene from the movie  
'The Breakfast Club' (above) of one of the kids wearing sunglasses when I went to 'The Lego Movie''s  IMDB page to get some information for this post.
 On the subject of 'The Breakfast Club' I have to go get myself a coffee as I have only just woken up myself before writing this post and need a coffee badly.
 I love all those movies I've mentioned above, but next time I watch them it will be with my sunglasses on;-) 
'They Live'
'They Live'
'Eyes Wide Shut'
A scene from 'The World's End'...but I chose to lose a couple of vowels in the subtitle;-)

No comments: