Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 2, 2015

I Read the News Today ... Oh, Boy! Sad, but Synchy News on So Many Levels to Me

Cynthia Lennon
 (nΓ©e Powell; 10 September 1939 – 1 April 2015)
April 1st?!
Cynthia Lennon, first wife of Beatles star John Lennon, dies aged 75
"Cynthia Lennon, the British first wife of slain Beatle John Lennon, has died aged 75, the couple's son Julian says.
A message on Julian Lennon's website said Cynthia "passed away today at her home in Mallorca, Spain following a short but brave battle with cancer."
"Her son Julian Lennon was at her bedside throughout. The family are thankful for your prayers," it added.
Julian Lennon wrote and sang a song of tribute to his mother that was posted on the site with a montage of family snapshots and footage.
"You gave your life for me, you gave your life for love," the song begins. It ends with the words "I know you're safe above."
Cynthia met John Lennon at an art class in the British city of Liverpool when she was 18 and the couple married in 1962."
I think it was rather coincidental that Cynthia Lennon passed away on April Fool's Day (1st April), as I saw John's musical life as the personification of The Fool's Journey from the Tarot, to some degree, even though it was Paul being the Fool in the clip of the song Fool on the Hill.
"The song's lyrics describe the titular "fool", 
a solitary figure who is not understood by others, but is actually wise."
My sympathy goes out to Julian Lennon on this sad day.
Oddly enough, Julian shares the same birth-date as my father, which also happens to be the same date my father's mother passed away - April 8th.
 I also saw this news at the same time I read about Julian's mother passing away -
Joni Mitchell: Big Yellow Taxi singer in 'good spirits' in hospital after being found unconscious at her home
"Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, known for hits including Big Yellow Taxi, is "in good spirits" at a hospital in California after being found unconscious at her home, her official website says.
A statement on her website said the 71-year-old musician regained consciousness while being transported by ambulance to a Los Angeles-area hospital.
Mitchell was undergoing medical testing in the hospital's intensive care unit but was "awake and in good spirits," the statement said.
Further details on her condition and the nature of the medical emergency were not immediately provided."
Weird sync for me, as I'm going to the Byron Bay Bluesfest tonight to see The Counting Crows sing Big Yellow Taxi, because my old man was a big yellow taxi driver and he loved this song and used to play it to us kids of his when we were growing up at the time this song came out, Mitchell's version that is.
This is the only reason I'm going to Bluesfest today to catch 
The Counting Crows.
And then I read that story above about Joni in the news this morning.
Released April 1970
""Big Yellow Taxi" is a song written and originally recorded by  
Joni Mitchell in 1970
It was a hit in her native Canada (No. 14) as well as Australia (No. 6) and the UK (No. 11)
It only reached No. 67 in the US in 1970, but was later a bigger hit there for her in a live version released in 1974, which peaked at No. 24. 
Charting versions have also been recorded by The Neighborhood 
(who had the original top US 40 hit with the track in 1970, peaking at No. 29),
 Maire Brennan, Amy Grant and Counting Crows."
UPDATE: April 3rd, 2015.
Counting Crows yesterday
at the
Byron Bay Bluesfest
I met the 'Counting Crows' yesterday at the Byron Bay Bluesfest and they signed two CDs of theirs that I bought there on the day  
(one had the Big Yellow Taxi track on it)but they didn't sing
Big Yellow Taxi last night, which was the only reason I wanted to see their show.
Party poopers!
My signed CDs that I bought yesterday
 'Counting (money?) Crows' production
 line
signing one of my CDs
Counting Crows on stage
last night at
Byron Bay
I noticed the lead singer changed into a Bowie t-shirt for the show, which was only a few hours after the signing.
Can you count any crows in that tree?-)
The irony was that I sat in the line for half an hour waiting for the Counting Crows to turn up at the signing tent and all I had to do to while the time away, apart from talking to and comparing tattoos with some die-hard Crows fans, was to count crows in the gum tree behind the signing tent;-)
Cloudy wet night at Bluesfest
  
Thursday night
I saw this story in the news this morning -
Car crashes into pool at Hinchinbrook in Sydney's west after hit-and-run collision with taxi 
which brought a smile to my face, as last night when I made the roughly 100 mile journey back to Brisbane the rain was so bad that I could only do about 80kms an hour safely, where normally I would be doing 110.
I kept thinking this is like driving in a swimming pool and while I wanted to get home faster I wasn't game to go any faster for fear of sliding off the road. 
Police are looking for the driver of the taxi,
 who failed to stop at the collision
There is never enough parking lots
in the world it seems;-)
John Lennon I Am The Apple...
Valentines Card
"Give me spots on my apples. But leave me the birds and the bees. Please! Don't it always seem to go. That you don't know what you've got. Till it's gone...Joni Mitchell.

John (Lennon's) Appleseed’s Lament?

"When Joni Mitchell was admitted to the hospital this week after being found unconscious in her Los Angeles home, a controversial affliction she has long suffered with hit the headlines again.
The 71-year-old singer-songwriter has often complained of her battle with Morgellons, a medical mystery that has stumped the scientific community for years."
IMAGINE-ry illness?
An apple a day should keep those quacks away;-)
The weird thing I noticed when looking at the Counting Crows CD 
that has the song Big Yellow Taxi on it is that there is a maple tree not only on the cover, but also on the CD itself.
(I realize it's probably an Oak tree now in my ignorance) 
Joni Mitchell is a Canadian singer, but the Counting Crows aren't.
Also weird was those leaves reminded me of a post I wrote a while back about a town I was led to by what I consider to have been a ghostly message in a very realistic dream.
Aboot Canadians
The Crows album is titled 'Films About (Aboot?-) Ghosts'  
and the first song is 'Angels of the Silences'.
Angels of the Silences
Well I guess you left me with some feathers in my hand
Did it make it any easier to leave me where I stand?
I guess there might not be too many who would stand beside you now
Where'd you come from? Where am I going?
Why'd you leave me 'till I'm only good for...

Waiting for you
All my sins...
I said that I would pay for them if I could come back to you
All my innocence is wasted on the dead and dreaming

Every night these silhouettes appear above my head
Little angels of the silences that climb into my bed and whisper
Every time I fall asleep Every time I dream
"Did you come? Would you lie?
Why'd you leave us 'till we're only good for...

Waiting for you"
All my sins...
I said that I would pay for them if I could come back to you
All my innocence is wasted on the dead and dreaming

I dream of Michelangelo when I'm lying in my bed
Little angels hang above my head and read me like an open book
Suck my blood, break my nerve offer me their arms
Well, I will not be an enemy of anything
I'll only stand here

Waiting for you
All my sins...
I said that I would pay for them if I could come back to you
All my innocence is wasted on the dead and dreaming

Hmm.
And then there is Rain King, which is weird, since I drove home to Brisbane in torrential rain, the worst I have ever driven home from my many trips to Byron Bay and back, ever.
Rain King
When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of flying down into a sea of pens and feathers
And all other instruments of faith and sex and God
In the belly of a black-winged bird.
Don't try to feed me
I've been here before
And I deserve a little more
[chorus]
I belong in the service of the Queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She's been crying and I've been thinking
And I am the Rain King
[verse]
And I said mama, mama, mama, why am I so alone
I can't go outside
I'm scared I might not make it home
I'm alive, I'm alive
But I'm sinking in
If there's anyone at home at your place, darling
Why don't you invite me in?
Don't try to bleed me
I've been there before
And I deserve a little more
[chorus]
I belong in the service of the Queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She's been lying and I've been sinking
And I am the Rain King
[bridge]
Hey, I only want the same as anyone
Henderson is waiting for the sun
Oh, it seems night endlessly begins and ends
After all the dreaming I come home again
[verse]
When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of dying
Lay me down in a field of flame and heather
Render up my body into the burning heart of God
In the belly of a black-winged bird
Don't try to bleed me
I've been here before
And I deserve a little more
[chorus]
I belong in the service of the queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She's been dying and I've been drinking
And I am the Rain King 

And as anyone who has been following this blog for a while would know, that I have often felt that the crow was my totem animal guiding me along life's path in some way.
Not only crows, but all members of the covid family of birds, such as magpies, as well.
 The song Einstein on the Beach (for an Eggman) I found rather synchy as well, as getting back to the story at the top of this post about John Lennon's first wife passing away when I started this post , John Lennon sang a song about being the Eggman.
Also this blog is named Just Watching the Wheels Go Round
after one of John Lennon's songs.
There are also lyrics in the song about a hit and run, which ties in with the car in the pool taxi story mentioned above that I read about the next day after meeting the Counting Crows.
Einstein On The Beach
Albert's always sincere, he's a sensitive type
His intentions are clear, he wanna be well-liked
If everything is nothing, then are we anything?
Is it better to be better than to be anything?
And Albert's vision is blooming uncontrolled
All his wings are slowly sinking
The world begins to disappear
The worst things come from inside here
All the king's men reappear
For an eggman, on and off the wall
Who'll never be together again
Einstein's down on the beach staring into the sand
Cause everything he believes in is shattered
What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway-ay
We all get burned as:
One more sun comes sliding down the sky
One more shadow leans against the wall
The world begins to disappear
The worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear
For an eggman, on and off the wall
Who'll never be together again
Albert's waiting in the sun
On a field American
For the cause of some inflated form of hit and run
One more sun comes sliding down the sky
One more shadow leans against the wall
The world begins to disappear
The worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear
For an eggman, fallin' off the wall
Will never be together again

Albert's fallen on the sun
Cracked his head wide open
The world begins to disappear
The worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear
For an eggman, falling, falling
The world begins to disappear
The worst things come from inside here
And all the king's men reappear
For an eggman, fallin' off the wall
Will never be together again
No never be together again
No no never never never again, uh huh
What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway

1 comment:

  1. A synch for me. We have something going up tomorrow on Joni Mitchell. You've got the update I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete